By sadface - 03/02/2010 11:58 - France

Today, I found out that I'm not actually pregnant. I've apparently been having a hysterical pregnancy because I want a child so badly. I don't know which was worse, the look of relief on my husband's face or having to send a mass email to inform my family and friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 052
You deserved it 9 096

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, that really sucks... I remember having to tell everyone there wasn't a baby (but in my case it was a miscarriage). Have you guys tried a fertility clinic? Also, hysterical pregnancy doesn't mean she's a nutjob. She really wants a baby (and some women who don't experience it, as well) so it's not really weird for her to experience this, if she was hoping for it.

TrekkieGirl 0

@ #1, I agree. OP, why the heck would you have already told family and friends that you're expecting if you clearly hadn't gotten a test done? Most people wait a few months before saying anything. Also, if you're husband is relieved that you are not pregnant, that should tell you he's not ready to have kids. Which you shouldn't ignore! There is more to life than having kids. Find a hobby, because your fixation with having a baby is just unhealthy.

Comments

r0ck_this 0

wow, reading these comments make me so sick for the immature, ignorant and self-engrossed people out there. you are all horrible examples of human beings. hopefully karma will come 'round to show you how to be respectful to people, rather than just "troll" or what the hell ever it is you do to make yourself feel better for your failed life. misery loves company, sure, but why bring down someone who is actually really and truely going through a tough time? FYL, OP. but here's to hoping for a bundle of joy in the future. (:

CheshireHalli 19

Thank you. Some of these people are horrible. Bashing her for this. She didn't ask to have a hysterical pregnancy. =/

habesjn 0

People troll and that's a fact. Haven't you ever heard of the famous internet equation? Normal person + Anonymity + audience = Total dickwad. Just cuz these people are mean online doesn't mean they aren't normal people in real life. I do agree they can be harsh, but that's the risk you take when you post something online. When this woman posted this FML, she had to assume she was gonna get some negative responses back.

beachpeach123 0

YDI for telling everyone you were pregnant before you actually got tested by a doctor. Plus even then, people tend to wait a month or two before spreading the news. Also YDI for not talking about whether you guys wanted children before you got married. His reaction should not have been a surprise.

CheshireHalli 19

Because people never change their minds, right? One of my friends said they never wanted kids, but then they changed their mind after meeting someone...

CheshireHalli 19

EDIT: Time ran out. -.- And about the doctor thing, a "hysterical pregnancy" changes the hormones, so even a doctor's blood/urine test would come up positive... The only thing that would tell is an ultrasound, which usually doesn't come up, as someone said earlier, until about 18-19 weeks.

__ChR1s__ 0

Wow embarrassing and unlucky =/

Why tell them the truth? Just announce that you "lost the baby" and collect on the sympathy. They don't have to know that the baby was only in your delusional mind, and that you only "lost" it when you were given a dose of reality.

You people are very rude to saying YDI. She could have told them after months of thinking she was pregnant. No one deserves this. As far as her husband, I would have be a little upset also because if he knew he wasn't ready for a child, than he is old enough to know to use protection and possibly let her think he was ready. I don't know what happened but I do know no one deserves this and it certainly is not their fault.

Idontcare123456 0

Regarding her and her husband and the fact that maybe he didn't want a child, Well If he didn't want a child he should of took the necessary actions to Prevent her from getting pregnant. He probably was unhappy with the fact that she was pregnant at first, But if she was honestly pregnant and went full term he probably would actually been Grateful. If your not nervous even the slightest then you wouldn't be human.

Good to see your husband is happy you aren't pregnant. Stop being in such a hurry to ruin your life.

This is the saddest FML I've ever read, I really feel for you OP.

habesjn 0

This is the saddest FML ever? Not ones about people dying or people's hearts being broken by cheating assholes? The story about a woman who thought she was pregnant, and wasn't, is the saddest FML ever? How bout she has the kid and it dies in child birth. That's a sad story. But thinking something then it not be true isn't depressing. It sucks for the OP, but it is faaaaar from the saddest thing I've ever heard.