By sadface - 03/02/2010 11:58 - France

Today, I found out that I'm not actually pregnant. I've apparently been having a hysterical pregnancy because I want a child so badly. I don't know which was worse, the look of relief on my husband's face or having to send a mass email to inform my family and friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 052
You deserved it 9 096

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, that really sucks... I remember having to tell everyone there wasn't a baby (but in my case it was a miscarriage). Have you guys tried a fertility clinic? Also, hysterical pregnancy doesn't mean she's a nutjob. She really wants a baby (and some women who don't experience it, as well) so it's not really weird for her to experience this, if she was hoping for it.

TrekkieGirl 0

@ #1, I agree. OP, why the heck would you have already told family and friends that you're expecting if you clearly hadn't gotten a test done? Most people wait a few months before saying anything. Also, if you're husband is relieved that you are not pregnant, that should tell you he's not ready to have kids. Which you shouldn't ignore! There is more to life than having kids. Find a hobby, because your fixation with having a baby is just unhealthy.

Comments

Anyone else reminded of a certain 'Glee' storyline?

killabee 0

Because you're both morons. They put it in Glee because it is a real occurrence,.. that wasn't a made up medical condition for the sake of the plot-line.

that sucks that you are having a hard time having a child. but as far as the mass email thing YDI, everyone knows taht you keep it hush hush until about 3 months in because the risk of miscarriage goes down as well as confirming that it is an actual pregnancy vs hormone issues or false pregnancies. hopefully next go around you will wait for a blood test confirmation until you go telling every one of your family members

after reading some of the other posts, i have to say YDI. false pregnancy is a real medical condition but usually you have to have some sort of mental imbalance to begin with. either extreme stress, or whatever. if you are that stressed about just getting pregnant, what makes you think you aren't going to be one of those crazy moms who flips out on their kids because you are too stressed to deal with them wanting to play with the playdoh when your fav soap is on. my advice to you, get some therapy, regardless of the fact that it was a FALSE pregnancy, you need to grieve the loss of it. get happy with yourself, give your husband alot of attention because he is going through this too. please don't be one of those crazy chicks that thinks that this is only all about you, because it isn't. work out your issues before you start trying to have a baby again, let it happen naturally and you will be alot happier with the result. oooh and please don't go turning into one of those crazy bitches that looses their mind and tries to kidnap someone else's baby just so they don't have to tell their families that they had a phantom pregnancy.

False pregnancies usually occur in women who have a very hard time getting pregnant and who want to be mothers. After a while of not conceiving (or in my mother's case, a long line of miscarriages), it can really wear on a woman's mental health. It's not necessarily stress, but extreme longing after a long period of frustration. And having a false pregnancy is NO indication that the woman would become a kidnapper.

Buy a dog? That is certain, and it sure won't hate you in 15 years...

Bahaha what is funny to me is that my dog had a hysterical pregnancy as well. Maybe that would happen to her's!

Finally, someone speaks sense. It's not like the poor woman CHOSE to have her body play trick on her...shit happens! False pregnancies are a real doozy, my mother had one a few years ago after having my half-sister. The urine tests were all positive, the blood tests were positive, she started gaining weight, she had morning sickness... The only way they found out it wasn't a real pregnancy was the first ultrasound. No fetus! So they put her on some hormone therapy or other to calm her hormones back down. Unfortunately, with that came the post-partum depression, just like a lot of new mothers experience after giving birth. Nasty business...

Why on earth would you send out mass e-mails if it wasn't certain yet? I feel bad for you, but you did deserve it.

This is a total YDI. I'm glad your crazy ass isn't having kids, you'd probably **** them up even worse than you are. Please get sterilized and do the world a favor.

So...it's a YDI because her body ****** her over? Like she could control her reproductive system entirely, right? In your own words...please get sterilized and do the world a favor. Jackass.

why do you tell EVERYONE that you're pregnant as soon as you think you are?? you really should wait for a vouple months with the news..

It could have been a few months, for all we know. Until the first ultrasound, false pregnancies can have all the symptoms of true pregnancies. They sometimes can't tell the difference until they do an ultrasound and notice either an abnormal mass of cells, or nothing at all, where there should be a fetus.

Exactly myfriend_youfail. Chances are she didn't tell the world, just her family, in-laws and a couple close friends and for all we know, she did wait until after the three months, which would put her roughly at 12-13 weeks. Where I am the first ultrasound is usually 18-19 weeks. I definitely didn't wait until my first scan to tell a few people.

citycrazed25 0

I've seen this on a tv show once but i don't understand why you would be upset about your husband. He might not of been ready for a child yet. Having a child is mostly a mutual kind of thing, and other times its by mistake. I say just take the time and talk about a kid and find out when you both are ready so there is no sign of dissapointment.