By Dammit - 07/07/2012 04:45 - United States - Long Beach

Today, I found out that I'm allergic to bacon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 541
You deserved it 5 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TheFamilyElf 17

I just... I'm so sorry. What tragedy! What misfortune! You poor, poor thing.

Thats all that it said on the suicide note, and nobody blamed him.

Comments

Im not allowed to have bacon at home but when I'm on trips or at restaurants I sneak it as much as I can do I get it 3-6 times a year

Just bacon or anything containing pig parts? If i were you i would make sure, because your toothpaste and anything with gelatin in it might have pig parts. Just an FYi

Fishfanatic 7

I'm fairly sure it's not actually possible to be allergic to meat. We evolved to eat it. I would suggest that what you are probably allergic to, is any curing or preservative agents used in typical supermarket and big brand/ imported bacon. If possible ( and if you are willing to try it despite the potential reaction ) see if you can buy some proper bacon direct from a farm. Not a store or supermarket. The real home killed home cured stuff. This will be likely to have very few or no horrid preservatives in it, and if you suffer lees of or no reaction to it, then you will know for certain that it's the additives in store bought bacon. A farmers market might be your best option for finding home reared meats.

My friend is allergic to chicken. Plain chicken. So yes it is possible. However I do agree that it is probably one of the curing agents - we only eat uncured bacon and it tastes just as delicious!

We evolved to eat anything, including vegetables, meat, beans, nuts, cereals. EVERYTHING. Doesn't stop nut allergies, wheat intolerance and dairy allergies being a large enough problem that 99% of foods state they contain them.

Pork is not bad for you if prepared and cooked in the right way... bacon can be bad for you when doused in oil and sugar with that said if you dont cook bacon like that you are not doing it right. viva la bacon:) fyl op I am truely sorry.

tarrie33 2
toby_leblanc 0

I feel so sorry for you. F your life.

Well bacon IS unhealthy, so if ur tryin to lose weight, maybe it'll help?

YDI, obviously you've done something to anger the gods.

darkenedone 27

"you deserved it (302)" NO ONE deserves this. Who are these heartless, insane, cruel 302 people?

fgwrxfiend 11

They're probably vegetarians.. *shudders