By jobless - 16/05/2012 07:36 - United States - Groton

Today, I found out that I am allergic to grass, and not supposed to mow lawns. My job is mowing lawns. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 051
You deserved it 2 402

Same thing different taste

Top comments

loserboii 11

How did you not find this out earlier?

Nose mask, protective eyewear and lots of Zertec or Clariton for you my friend. The other choice is to learn the following phrase: "Would you like fries with that?" Good luck

Comments

The ultimate protection: Gas mask with several spare filters, a radioactive suit and allergy pills. If you really want better protection, don't do it and find a new job.

It is actually less than half the requirements

looks like someone will have to get a new job...sorry OP

Time to get a new job :) baby sitting is a good one :D

First you cover the lawn with manure, then you strip naked and dance in the manure to please the god of the lawns, next you find a flamethrower and burn the lawn only after you poured gasoline on it, then you shave a part of the lawn and your bush in a symbolic ritual. And that's how you mow a lawn.

Shit, I misread "hey" as "how". I'll go jump off a bridge now.

So did I haha. In our defence, if there was correct grammar then this mistake would not have been made.

So you never mowed lawns before taking the job?

Shadow_Phantom 26

I'm 21, and have never mowed a lawn in my life. It happens. *shrug* Though... like the OP I am also allergic to grass. I know that feeling, man, FYL.

Isn't it normal to have minimal experience in the activity you choose as your job? And if OP did mow lawns before then how is it that he didn't find this out sooner and made the mistake of taking a job which was bound to end up in a Benadryl binge?

Just catch yourself a Charmander and flamethrower the shit out of that grass. You might not get paid for the job but at least you won't have to worry about your allergy.

Isn't the point of a job, is to get paid?

Not getting paid would be an acceptable loss if you got to have a Charmander.

Aren't most people allergic to grass in some shape or form? I know if I'm in prolonged contact with grass, I'll get a little itchy. I wonder what kind of reaction OP has to have not noticed til now.