By Anonymous - 22/05/2015 15:17 - United States

Today, I found out my mom put breast milk in my cereal until I was 7 years old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 105
You deserved it 3 183

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She wanted to be breast friends with you

MattStro 23

How did you find this out??

Comments

it's not disgusting if anything it has made him healthier and stronger

Very informative coming from a baby(:

kidtoy 18

Breast feeding you in public is more worse than being tricked into eating cereal with breast milk though.

Breast feeding is beautiful and is apart of life. Some women don't have a choice, whether they want to breast feed in public. If their baby is hungry, you can't expect them to let them starve. As long as they cover up, it shouldn't cause any discomfort to you.

Pretty sure #14 meant being breastfeed in public until the age of seven. *shrugs*

rldostie 19

I'm going to go into public and do a little extra breastfeeding, just for comments like this. And use no cover! Gasp!

#94 ignorant arseholes passing discriminatory comments while I've breastfed with a cover in public are the reason I now use no cover (that and my toddler hates them). **** anyone who is backward enough to sexualise the feeding of a child.

Peeing and pooping are a part of life too. Are you going to start doing that in public?

Unless you're sitting down to a meal of piss and shit you can't compare breastfeeding to taking a piss/shit.

Excreting human waste is not the same as feeding a child. What did your mother feed you that would make you link shit with food?

Loveyou6611 20

why should she cover up for someone else's comfort??? When it causes her discomfort and the baby? It is the reason we have boobs......

Loveyou6611 20

#130..... you shouldn't eat in public then, you should do it from the privacy of your home only. and if you get hungry away from home, only eat in the bathroom. because it's equivalent to using the bathroom.

#130 why are you feeding a baby pee and poop? I can only assume that's what you're doing if you're comparing it to breastfeeding.

My point is that something isn't automatically appropriate to do in public just because it's natural. Peeing, pooping, farting, having sex, and yes, breastfeeding, are all natural things that should nonetheless be done in private. Although I suppose after public breastfeeding becomes the norm, people will then argue that it's "oppressive" to make a woman hide her body while she does the other things, too.

Dude how the hell are you comparing all that with FEEDING A HUNGRY BABY?!?!?! What happens if the mom is 3 min away from home? Should she immediately get in her care and drive all the way home with her child screaming in the backseat because it's hungry? Are you advocating unsafe driving practices? Or are you such a stuck up that you would deny a CHILD food, just because it makes you uncomfortable? A stranger once came up to my girlfriend while she was breastfeeding, with an udder cover on mind you, and told her that what she was doing was rude and crude blah blah blah. She told the guy that she had another full boob that he could feed on if he was gonna act like a jealous little baby. She then popped her other boob out and offered it. The guy took off red faced, while I tried not to die from laughing.

And here I thought guys liked to see breasts...

There are a lot of benefits for breast feeding your child. In fact the longer you breast feed the better, because of all the nutrients. It's extremely odd that your mom kept doing this until you were 7--- thats a bit extreme. But you turned out fine didn't you? :)

So there's a lot of medical misconceptions in the comments so far... the super healthy, antibody rich milk is only produced the first couple days after delivery -- colostrum. Regular breast milk is really just fatty with some protein, which is what infants need, but not children. It has no added benefit for, say, a 5 or 7 year old.

acerredrum 23

You actually have some medical misunderstandings. Human milk is custom tailored for human babies, and cow milk is custom tailored for cow babies. Thus breast milk is going to have more nutrients that are beneficial for humans than cow milk. Using it to substitute milk is healthier for other reasons as well such as pasteurization destroys certain vitamins. Though obviously keeping them on a diet of just breast milk would limit their nutrients vastly, that isn't what the mother did.

Breastmilk is so good for you She was giving you extra antibodies to help prevent you from being sick and it's by far better for you than cows milk! Definitely not a "oh poor me" moment. I know it seems a little unusual but you should definitely think of all the good she did for you doing that!

bnbhimp 10

In all honesty, that's probably the healthiest way for you as opposed to using cow's milk. Almond milk/coconut milk/soy milk are also much healthier alternative options to the hormone laced, antibiotics laced cow's milk that's out there.

bkboo1007 6

You have no clue what you're talking about. Cow's milk is not "laced with hormones and antibiotics" please refrain from spreading your ignorance in the future.

Educate yourself. Monsanto and other similar companies are not our friends. I'll accept this as your preliminary apology. Why do we as humans drink milk meant for another species? http://credence.org/ECpages/?page_id=136 What's in that bovine milk? http://www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm

Actually, it is. Farmers feed their animals growth hormones so that they grow more quickly to maturity so that they may be made into a resource. the farm complex now is like a machine. animals are also pumped full of antibiotics to keep them" healthy" which is a contributor to antibiotic resistance. to date. You're getting these nasty things through the milk because as humans pass things through their milk, so do animals. Just as breastfeeding women cannot drink alcohol or do drugs while breastfeeding as she can pass along to the baby.

bkboo1007 6

As an agricultural major and working on a farm all of your claims are highly uneducated. The animals are not "pumped full of antibiotics" they are given on an as needed basis. Hormones are used to put all the cows on the same cycle so they can be bred and give birth keeping meat and milk prices down. Hormones do not effect the milk or meat as it is rendered inactive before reaching meat in slaughter or milk.

Who do you think provided that conventional information at the school you paid to go to? Probably the ones who profit. It is very difficult to find a study promoting animal agriculture who does not profit from it in some way. Maybe you should research both sides so you know what you are arguing against.

bkboo1007 6

I've done personal research myself. The school is funded by our tuition as it is a private university with no outside influence. Money does not change facts and research results.

well it IS proven that people who drink breast milk are smarter than those who don't.

That's got more to do with the parents' socioeconomic status than the breast milk itself, though. Mothers who are able to breastfeed are usually the ones who can afford to take time off work to do so. A lot of the earlier studies touting the "breast is best" line didn't actually factor in things like parental education, access to outside resources...all the stuff that can really impact the outcome of a kid's life.

Breast milk contains more omega-3 fats that support brain development, that doesn't actually make them smarter, a child could have a healthy brain but that doesn't mean anything if mum is on facebook all instead of reading to them

I'd really like to see the study you got that info from.

amileah13 26

Hopefully it was at least her own breast milk that she was giving you... They say it's supposed to be very nutritious to kids if they breastfeed rather than drink a formula milk but I think I'm more impressed she was still able to produce milk until you were at least seven, just assuming she didn't have any more children after you.

I breasted fed until i was 5, or so i heard. My mom kept producing milk. It's a supply and demand kind of thing.