By Anonymous - 07/06/2009 23:15 - United States

Today, I found out my mom paid my best friend $20 to be my friend when we were 10. FML
I agree, your life sucks 143 403
You deserved it 8 167

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well unless you're 11, I don't see a problem. They've stuck with you, haven't they?

suicidekings 0

that's terrible. your friend got gyped. I would have demanded $40.

Comments

That's pretty damn terrible but unless your mom is still paying them, it's not too screwed up. Kids become friends in the strangest ways. I met one of my friends when I was 9 because I broke his nose. To his credit, he kicked me off a 7-foot play structure.

ThatGirl731 0

that's funny. sucks. but at least your best friend stuck with you right?

FreedomFirst 0

That's not an FML at all. That's a funny story to tell your kids when they're meeting your best friend. I'd say Mom scored a good one.

Hahaha. Funny, but not that big a deal at this point. Assuming you're at least 14 or 15, there's not a chance in hell your friend is still hanging out with you just because of the $20. S/he likes you, as a good friend, and you should just take that at face value and stop worrying about the odd start.

hahah. well 20 dollars isnt much so obviously she likes you. look on the good side your mom helped you in the long run.

Haha @ #6. I hope this is many years later and you two can laugh about it now. Ask your friend if they remember what they bought with the 20 bucks. xD

painandpeace 0

Hopefully, a nice friendship came out of this.

Tell him what you paid his mom thirty dollars for.