By oncehipjr - 03/10/2014 19:04 - United States - Dallas

Spicy
Today, I found out I'm allergic to condoms. Which would be great if my girlfriend wasn't allergic to birth control. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 383
You deserved it 4 534

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's more than one type of condom material out there

She is allergic to ALL forms of birth control?

Comments

ask Jim Bob Duggar how to live whit-out birth control

There is condoms that doesnt have latex in them. Its very common to be allergic. Hope you find them. :) And there is (what i know in sweden) about 5 different birthcontrolls for women, where only 2 are pills. Talk to someone about this so they can help. Its good to be safe! :)

how can one be allergic to condoms if I may ask

In my case, I suddenly developed latex allergy in my mid-20's. Never had problems before, then one day was in ER from anaphylactic shock. Felt like lava in the vag :( The dr said allergies can form randomly like that. Switched to non-latex Skynn brand and no issues since.

DeathBunny8 9

There's more than two types of contraceptives.

Time to start having anal or oral then.

what about an iud cause my girlfriend was allergic to birth control. so the iud worked great

ostfaiz 18

Adopt some expert views n prescription..meanwhile enjoys ANALytics ;-)

I don't think you CAN be allergic to all forms of birth control.. The hormones are ones that we all have naturally! Maybe it's one of the ingredients but then she should just try another brand. Oh, and there are latex free condoms too, so you guys should be fine!

No, they are not hormones that we all have naturally. They are sythetizised substances that have very similar effects on our bodies. Similar but not the same. Plus your body is used to certain levels of those hormones. Altering them can have major effects and side effects. In most cases it is really not the fillers people can't take but the hormones themselves.