By Anonymous - 28/01/2019 12:00 - United States - Arcade

Today, I woke up with a horrible UTI after having sex with my fiance the night before. I went to an urgent care to get antibiotics as my primary is closed. Turns out, I'm allergic to condom lubricant. Now everytime I pee, It not only burns, but smells like a nasty condom... FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 487
You deserved it 213

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP isn't self-diagnosing. The Urgent Care doctor already informed her that it's an allergic reaction, not a UTI as OP initially thought and thus an antibiotic (therefore presumably) **wasn't** prescribed. As for avoiding an allergic reaction in the future, OP will need to try out different brands of condoms (and lubes). Boy, that'll be "FUN" and not in a good way - until/ if ever she succeeds. Otherwise, there's the Pill, IUD, and b/c arm implant. Good luck, OP!

She can probably rub it on a small section of her arm. She should still have a reaction but then in a more reasonable place

Comments

Allergies and infections are 2 completely different things so quit self diagnosing and don’t take unnecessary antibiotics.

colderthanyou 15

Wtf can you read? She thought it was a UTI and was told at urgent care that it’s an allergic reaction

OP isn't self-diagnosing. The Urgent Care doctor already informed her that it's an allergic reaction, not a UTI as OP initially thought and thus an antibiotic (therefore presumably) **wasn't** prescribed. As for avoiding an allergic reaction in the future, OP will need to try out different brands of condoms (and lubes). Boy, that'll be "FUN" and not in a good way - until/ if ever she succeeds. Otherwise, there's the Pill, IUD, and b/c arm implant. Good luck, OP!

She can probably rub it on a small section of her arm. She should still have a reaction but then in a more reasonable place

julfunky 29

I’m surprised you’re JUST finding this out.

Every time you pee? Clean out your hoo-hah so you won’t have nasty condom stank in you.

iceberg 10

Richardpencildick strikes again

colderthanyou 15

vaginas self clean. Take some Benadryl, and the reaction will go away

It’s funny that you think that the place urine comes out and the place a penis goes in are the same thing. Cleaning the ****** out will not change the way the urine smells. And don’t clean out your ******, it does that by itself.

^ This. But since the d goes in the v and not the u, I don’t understand why OP’s urine smells any different to usual, due to an allergy and not some sort of infection, in a different bodily location?

Let's just hope the weddings not anytime soon..

Ya it sucks being allergic to lubes,plain KY brand and Astro glide are very hypoallergenic OP so good luck

blondie45 21

Use coconut or olive oil instead of lube. Recommended by gynae...

boopingsnoot 24

Sliquid H2O is a good hypoallergenic lube, and the brand makes various other types (flavored, silicone, etc). Found their “naturals” lube to be a bit irritating tho.

so this was the first time you and your fiance had sex? or used a condom? it seems kinda late in the game to discover you're allergic.