By Iskylite - 10/09/2013 21:41 - United States - Spring

Today, I found out I do not have a fast metabolism, I've actually had a tape worm living inside me for 3 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 315
You deserved it 3 703

Iskylite tells us more.

the doctor said it could've lived inside me for 30 years. I'm glad they got it out :) and yes I'm feeling much better :)

Top comments

How did you not notice for so long tape worms can be huge

Look on the bright side, you're thin as a tapeworm! Jack, that sucks, did you get it out?

Comments

oh my god, this is by far the worst fml i have ever read, i hope you get it sorted x

Oh my god....three years??? How has that not passed through or at least crawled out of you? I am not good with medical points of this but I'm glad you got that found out...

Maybe because tape worms live inside the intestine and it didn't want to leave.

On the other hand, apparently tapeworms can cure (or at least suppress) allergies. May be a bit extreme for a hayfever cure, but if they're really bad...

No lie, Drs. are testing to see if worms (harmless ones, not tapeworms) can help treat Crohn's disease.

Wizzlbang 10

You're thinking of pinworms. They aren't exactly harmless, but they're much less of a problem than either Crohn's or other parasites, only causing some discomfort. When in the body, they seem to suppress inflammation of the intestines caused by Crohn's.

So you haven't been to the doctors for 3 years for a check up?

Maybe it made a cozy home and didnt want to leave. Either way at least it was dead

Write a book called the very hungry tapeworm

I have a high metabolism and need to see a doctor soon and this just freaked me out so badly I'm sweating. Going to go cry now.

awww I'm sooo terrified of getting a worm