By Iskylite - 10/09/2013 21:41 - United States - Spring

Today, I found out I do not have a fast metabolism, I've actually had a tape worm living inside me for 3 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 315
You deserved it 3 703

Iskylite tells us more.

the doctor said it could've lived inside me for 30 years. I'm glad they got it out :) and yes I'm feeling much better :)

Top comments

How did you not notice for so long tape worms can be huge

Look on the bright side, you're thin as a tapeworm! Jack, that sucks, did you get it out?

Comments

Good thing u found out.better late than never.U must be as thin as a stick by now.get healthy again!!

If it has taken you three years to realise, how big were you before? They can become quite obvious fairly quickly. Hope you're ok.

The doctor said it could live up to 30 years inside me. I'm thankful they got it out.

Wizzlbang 10

Time to swallow an eviction notice.

beanthemouse 13

Am I the only one who would rather be a fat slob than have a gross parasite in my stomach? Imagine puking up a worm! Op, don't eat pork, that is the meat most likley to have a tapeworm.

Or beef, chicken, fish....other undercooked meats...

Wizzlbang 10

You can't get tapeworms from fish. Chicken I'm not sure of, but I've never heard of it. Typically you'll get tapeworms from pork or beef.

Umm fish do have tapeworms...Google Diphyllobothrium. It has a history of infecting people

Wizzlbang 10

#47 Huh, neat, didn't know that.

MerrikBarbarian 9

44- you can get tape worms from fish... You can even get them from uncooked grain which hasn't been stored properly too (rat tape worm). There is multiple types of tape worm which each have different tactics for infecting the host, based on their target species... But it's ingesting tape worm eggs not the worms themselves which causes tape worm infection. Eggs are laid in segments which break off the worms body and pass out in the hosts feces in most cases, where it is consumed by another animal which becomes a host completing the life cycle. Besides other symptoms a common sign of tape worm infection vs other parasites is the passing of segments which look like grains of rice in the underwear and around the anus.

I eat all the time and I'm skinny. This makes me afraid that I might have a tapeworm as well.

Grab the tail of the tape to get the tale of the tape.

Squat over a burger to get it to come out, then wind one end round a stick and start pulling.

Wow! Hope you get better soon ! Good luck if you may need surgery !