By Iskylite - 10/09/2013 21:41 - United States - Spring

Today, I found out I do not have a fast metabolism, I've actually had a tape worm living inside me for 3 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 315
You deserved it 3 703

Iskylite tells us more.

the doctor said it could've lived inside me for 30 years. I'm glad they got it out :) and yes I'm feeling much better :)

Top comments

How did you not notice for so long tape worms can be huge

Look on the bright side, you're thin as a tapeworm! Jack, that sucks, did you get it out?

Comments

Soon your gonna see a Fat Loss Advertisement on T.v " Can't loose weight? Tired of being Fat? Buy our new and improved Tape Worms! Only $999.99 !"

There already is people who do it to lose weight... Google it if you don't believe me.

Really?! How interesting. Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know that :)

audreyfml1994 15

27, you needn't use the smiley face. It comes off rather passive aggressive. A simple "no shit, Sherlock" would've sufficed.

They used to advertise them for weight loss, about the same time you could buy cocaine for medicine. Between the coke and tapeworms, I imagine a lot of skinny tweakers

Yup they already have that. I remember watching the Tyra Banks show and she had a tape worm spread across the floor. It was LONG and disgusting! The two girls as guests on the show exclaimed they voluntarily want the tape worm inside them because they're lazy to do diets or exercise.

That's pretty messed up to hear that people would want a tape worm in their bodies if it meant that they'd lose weight...

It's what people will do just to "fit in" with what the social media now claims as the perfect figure, body shape and all that other bullshit. They'll do anything.

#40 just demonstrated a new low. We've reached the point where it's more socially acceptable to be rude thank to be polite. what. no.

nevershouttami 11

There was even a woman on 1000 Ways To Die who bought a tapeworm to help her lose weight, she lost 60 pounds before she died.

Tapeworms aren't associated with any type of happiness anymore I see

Being fit isnt just about fitting in with society its also about living a long healthy life without losing limbs to diabetes

There is no such thing as a doctor apparently

Wizzlbang 10

Most people actually do only find out they have a tapeworm when some of it gets pooped out, it's pretty rare to just discover one in a routine doctor visitation. Unless your routine visitations include a rectal examination.

I would imagine complaints of fatigue, high metabolism, and constant hunger would make a doctor raise the possibility

Wizzlbang 10

They don't effect everyone the same, And typically a doctors first diagnosis in that case would be malnutrition, and they'd start asking about your diet and suggest options to you. Though you're right, some will think "tapeworm" right away, it all depends on the individual.

There is no such thing as a joke either, apparently

How did you find out? Did you pull it out your ass?

Your comment made me think of the song 'needles' by system of a down. Now that song is stuck in my head.

I swear I've had one before. got really sick and lost 20lbs in a week... not fun

Well, you still do if you didn't have it removed... And they don't make you loose weight like that. Just keeps you from gaining any so it wouldn't be that fast. I'm guessing you were just sick and weren't eating.

well... I haven't been able to eat right since I had it almost a year ago and they can't find anything wrong :/ who knows maybe I have one @.@ if I'm not allowed pets in the army does this count as one

If you think there's a possibility, please see a doctor.

If you have one you gotta get it checked out or you could die

If it's anything like the Futurama episode, you should be happy!

That is one of my biggest fears. I am so sorry, OP. I'll be in the corner, in the fetal position, rocking slowly and trying not to puke.

Overall it sucks, but hey, in 19th/beginning of 20th century ladies of higher rout swallowed those on purpose to look fitter and such... So there's something to it. I hope you get better in no time though.

graceinsheepwear 33

That went out of fashion because the worms were suffocated by the corsets.

SCTetra 10

As long as it doesn't break our the intestines. Not too bad right?

because having a parasite living inside you consuming your nutrients and slowly killing you isn't too bad, right?