My short hair!

By Trama1201 - 04/01/2020 14:00 - United States - Boston

Today, I went to the library to bring back some books, I walked up to the counter and the librarian turned to me and said "What can I do for you young man?" I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 776
You deserved it 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uh... I am a girl and I have short hair? Doesn't make me any less of a girl. Are you saying if someone goes bald (for any reason, chemo, health issues, genetics), they magically become a dude?

bobsanction 18

So? I'm a 6'1, 290 pound man with long hair and I've been mistaken for a girl even when I have a weeks worth of scruff.

Comments

If you want to be a girl then be a girl. That means clothes make up and hair. If you want to be a boy be a boy. Again clothes and hair. Something tells me their assumption is a result of your decisions.

Uh... I am a girl and I have short hair? Doesn't make me any less of a girl. Are you saying if someone goes bald (for any reason, chemo, health issues, genetics), they magically become a dude?

Sady_Ct 37

Being a girls isn’t about clothes makeup and hair. I work in a place where I can’t wear makeup, and have to keep my hair either short or tied up and tidy. I also can’t do my nails due to WHS. I personally prefer to wear shorts rather than skirts and dresses for convenience. None of these choices have ever turned me into nor had me addressed as a male.

Well, sure you're a girl. Pre-op or post-op?

bobsanction 18

So? I'm a 6'1, 290 pound man with long hair and I've been mistaken for a girl even when I have a weeks worth of scruff.

Not the first nor the last time a librarian has done that.