By Swaby - 01/03/2009 08:14 - Hong Kong

Today, I found out I could not go to the Philippines because I have never had Chicken Pox. The school took the radical decision to prohibit students who have never had Chicken Pox to leave the college. I am condemned to stay in Hong Kong in some shitty project because I am a healthy young man. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 087
You deserved it 4 462

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Blind_Ninja 0

I've never had chicken pox and I'm 23. I'm afraid one day I'm going to have a kid, he's going to get it, and he's going to live the rest of his life knowing it was his fault he killed me.

Comments

u have to of had chicken pox in order to get shingles. not everbody gets the chicken box, some don't get it untill older age. luckily I got them when I was 5. unfortunately I was covered in pink lotion for 2 weeks. if u weren't stuck in hong kong because of it, id say you were lucky. being itchy sucks! best of luck to ya!

Omg seriously just because you've had chicken pox doesn't mean you're not healthy

Isn't having chicken pox as an adult meant to be dangerous...? Surely that shows they actually care about their students...? Sorry anyway. :/

If you can prevent a disease it is always worth it wth.

His immune system is just as strong as anyone else's, catching chicken pox doesn't help you fight other diseases.

You have MORE of a chance of getting shingles if you had chicken pox as a kid NOT LESS.

This is not because you are "healthy". It is because you are vulnerable. Those who have not had chicken pox or the vaccine before adulthood are at risk of severe complications if they contract the virus. You should have had the vaccine before going abroad, which would allow you to travel freely. This would, in most cases, prevent the disease and complications as well as the later disease of shingles. Of course, some immunized get shingles, but it is very rare.

Shingles RARELY results in death, and only results in death in people who are already compromised due to old age and weakened immune systems.