By AloneAgainNaturally - 09/09/2016 21:03 - United States - Charlottesville

Spicy
Today, I found nudes on my boyfriend's phone. We've been together 14 years. They weren't of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 308
You deserved it 1 898

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, I'd talk to him, try to see what was going on. Don't be easy to trick either, ask him for the truth, if he gives it to you. I would leave that to your morality, we all make mistakes. But it depends on how we try and fix them, if he's dishonest, dump him. But, FYL

I imagine you and your boyfriend will have a very long talk.

Comments

Because they like each other but neither of them want to get married?

14 years?! My God! Think of the THOUSANDS of dollars you could have saved by filing 'married, jointly' over all those years! Tens of thousands!

da_epic_failman 7

So he wanted to download some ****! That's his business.

**** is different to a nude sent by somebody he actually knows

I'm actually so disappointed in most of these comments. "14 years and not married?" like are you serious? Marriage isn't everyone's preference. It's not about the status, it's about the willingness to commit to each other. Maybe they just aren't ready for marriage. Anyway...I'm not sure what to think of the nudes though. It can be from **** sites and stuff. It might be harmless but I'd talk to him for sure. Try not to seem mad or anything just calmly speak about it. If there's never been an issue of trust, I don't think it would be a HUGE issue to fix. I hope it all goes well! Good luck OP.

I'm very disappointed in all the marriage comments too. Not everyone believes in the institution of marriage, some even look at it as ownership. You don't need to believe in marriage to believe in being committed to someone. My neighbours have been together for over 30yrs, they own a house together, have a child together, they're a loving, happy couple, but they are not married and never plan to be because it's not something they deem necessary to show their commitment to each other. They're together because they want to be together, not because a contract says they have to, to me, that almost makes it more meaningful.

YDI for going through his phone, respect his privacy