By DarkChild - 11/02/2016 22:18 - France

Today, I found my 6-year-old daughter recording herself on her little tape recorder. When I asked her what she was up to, she replied in her cute little voice, "I'm recording myself so you'll have a souvenir when I'm dead." FML
I agree, your life sucks 633
You deserved it 45

Top comments

That's actually really sweet, if you ignore the giant creepy factor.

Comments

She is ready to watch the kids horror movies

It's very cute and shows how much she does care about you. Maybe she does need a bit of explanation how the whole life and death thing works and give her a bit of reassurance that it'll hopefully be a veeery long time before she actually needs to worry about that.

Actually just saw that you are from France. She may also just have been exposed to a lot of the talk and news after the attacks in Paris. I think if you speak to her about how she feels and where she got the idea from, it'll all become clearer to her and you.

Kids are terrifying. She must've picked that up from TV or a movie.

I think it's because she hasn't quite grasped the fact that you're not invincible yet. Kids tend to idolize their parents, which is part of why they listen to anything the parent says. Makes it really sweet when you think about it.

Mooglefox 23

Your girl needs to see a doctor

There was actually a book about a girl who committed suicide and taped tapes to all people who were dumbasses...maybe she got the idea out of a movie she had seen you guys watch or something but that's definitely odd for a six year old.

It not that odd. Most kids go through a phase where they consider their own mortality. It's like they are coming to grips with the idea of death. Leads to kids saying the weirdest things.

the book I would assume you are talking about would be "Thirteen Reasons Why" it's an amazing book.

And it was at this moment every fiber of her being shouted, "AWW HELL NAW"