By sad - 17/06/2016 22:37 - United States - Belleville

Today, I found a new way to tell if my girlfriend is on her period. If she responds to "Want me to get you anything while I'm at the store?" by screaming "God just fuck off, you cunt!" then bursting into tears, the answer is a definite yes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 049
You deserved it 1 395

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Women (we) get crabby and sometimes irrational. But this thing about lashing out so awfully...you don't deserve that. If she is that angry, there is more than PMS going on.

Tourettes Syndrome is usually diagnosed at a very young age and accompanied by motor and verbal tics. Swearing tics are extremely rare, yet the most stereotyped. -Diagnosed at age 5

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Tourettes Syndrome is usually diagnosed at a very young age and accompanied by motor and verbal tics. Swearing tics are extremely rare, yet the most stereotyped. -Diagnosed at age 5

TheEpicKitten 20

How the **** is that sexist? She's a girl, she has periods

epickitten the idea is that by blaming behaviour on periods it invalidates the behaviour. like instead of considering why she might be angry or upset or having some kind of genuine problem (in this case seems to be that she is a jerk) you just go 'meh, bitch is on her period, pay no attention'. which is horrible.

I'm more annoyed at the idea that being on your period can be used as an excuse for being an abusive ****.

And the proper response to that is to bring home chocolate and/or cupcakes.

Women (we) get crabby and sometimes irrational. But this thing about lashing out so awfully...you don't deserve that. If she is that angry, there is more than PMS going on.

As a girl, I can vouch that girls all react to periods and hormone imbalances in very different ways. Especially when you throw in the many different external factor that could be involved.

Plus, we have no back story. There could have be a fight or strong disagreement before this happened and she may have still be upset over it.

Indianboy9321 25

She might be pregnant instead! I don't think that's normal behavior for a girl when it's her time of the month.

Your girlfriend sounds like it is her life that sucks. Have you considered trying to talk with her (when not on her period) about how to make her feel better? I can tell that when I'm on my period, I am in so much pain that I can't function for two days: My back, head, and stomach hurts like crazy, and I am nauseated and dizzy. Your girlfriend could be lashing out because of hormones paired with pain, and some of the symptoms can actually be helped by dietary changes such as less caffeine and salty food. I am sure she doesn't particularly enjoy that time of the month either. I hope you can then help each other, OP.

There is more than her period going on dude...

I'm pretty sure there are medical conditions that can in fact make women act like this when they are ovulating and/or menstruating. I think one of them is something like... Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric disorder? It's something like that, but the hormone changes induce a state that's almost like a nervous breakdown, or even flat out psychotic episodes for some people with it, I think. It's nasty shit, anyway, and she may have something like that. Not that it excuses her outbursts like this if she uses them as an excuse to act this way all the time. If she isn't like this every time but still exhibits behaviors like this, you may want to ask her if she's talked to a doctor about it because you worry about her.

crazy_bananas 31

I love you so much for posting this, I see so many comments about how she is crazy or over reacting and how as a girl they would never act like that. But as someone who suffered for PMDS (which also goes by other names) it is so hard to act like a normal human during my periods. It's not that I'm crazy but because of the sudden surge of extra hormones coupled with intense pain of cramps, I can go through mini nervous breakdowns. A lot of people forget that not every girl is the same during their periods. The best thing her boyfriend can do is to stay silent and leave her be for a minute then try to comfort her, because this is a serious problem that she can't really control. I know how hard my own boyfriend tries to be the sensible one during this time for me and I'm so grateful towards him because I know I'm acting like one crazy ass bitch who will act like I'm about to cut him one minute then break down sobbing the next. OP should talk to his girlfriend once she has calmed down and see if she has been diagnosed or if she is actually a crazy hoe who is over reacting and blaming it on PMS. Also he should try to talk to her about trying relaxation and calming exercises possibly coupled with medication, when she's going through her period so she can minimalize or for the most part stop her outbursts of aggression.

Every girl is different when she is about to have her period. But this is abnormal. There is medication to help level out her hormones and you should really look into it for the benefit of her health and your relationship. It is not fair she has to deal with it & it is defiantly not fair for you. Good luck!