By gabbykinz13 - 08/03/2012 21:48 - United States

Today, I asked my girlfriend when she'll be having her period, since she was acting pretty bitchy the last time around. She duct taped my leg hair and ripped it off while I was napping. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 038
You deserved it 57 203

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dudes should know by now never ask girls when they're on their periods

What kind of idiot asks that? Oh right, you do. NEVER ask that. Never.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Don't move! There's a duck on your face!

Crap! I thought they flew back north!!

Pixxio_O 11

OP's reaction: are you bloody serious?!?

When I'm on my period I do get mood swings, but they're not uncontrollable and I don't think being on your period is a good excuse for ripping out someone's hairs whilst they're asleep. I know people are saying 'YDI for trying to find out when to avoid her', but I'd avoid her as well if she was doing something like that to me.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
nofearjenshere 12

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
SaMmIMonster96 6

Except for those of us who are already psychopaths.... We become murderers

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#29- Not all women PMS, and for the ones who do, it usually happens before their periods (hence the P in PMS) and doesn't necessarily involve mood swings, so... nope.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Dudes should know by now never ask girls when they're on their periods

crazychick1269 7

Or if they gained weight that's the worst

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#59- Or it helps you write off what people are saying because you can claim that they're just being irrational... That's not biased at all.

You NEVER ask a girl 3 things: Their age Their weight Their period schedule Chances are you'll get f'd up. OC was just asking for it

You NEVER ask a girl 3 things: Their age Their weight Their period schedule Chances are you'll get f'd up. OC was just asking for it

You guys must have evil girlfriends. Mine outright tells me when it's that time.

If op was asleep and didn't feel it, I see no problem here.

joeyfingas187 0

I wud duct tape her twat nd rip it off

olpally 32
joeyfingas187 0

Any female duct tape my leg wud def get her twat taped nd ripped off, eye for an eye nd as usual all the females do thumbs down wut a shocka

This is what I read: Look at me being all tough on the internet pretending, acting cool and shit. Being a total ******** and acting like I don't care what anyone else says while hiding behind the safety of a computer monitor is totally a way to get people to respect my shit. I'm going to conveniently ignore the fact that any shit I spout on a web site I would never have the balls to say to someone's face, nor any of the actions I claim I would do without hesitation would I actually have the guts to do. Yeah look at me wagging my epeen all over the place because it's bigger than my real dick. Anyone who replies to me is going to get their shit ruined because I'm so totally swagger and witty and any insults I say will definitely ruin their self esteem because I AM THE SHIT. I AM THE SHIT - when no one knows who the **** I am and there are absolutely no consequences to the bullshit I spew.

What kind of idiot asks that? Oh right, you do. NEVER ask that. Never.

TheDrifter 23

Just check the bathrooms for feminine hygeine product wrappers. DO NOT under any circumstances mention them unless she requests that you purchase them, it won't end well. Once you know the start date just get a lunar calendar and a marker and make a schedule.

flockz 19

ya never ask that unless you want to be involved in a bloodbath.

nofearjenshere 12

Flockz - 0 confirmed out of 41 posted, Damn I'm sorry that your life sucks so much...

ragzilla 0

Never ask a girl about her period. Period.

You brought that on yourself a bit.. I'd be irritated if someone was basically asking when to avoid me.. I'm impressed with her biding her time like that, it must have taken patience!

So, because she's acting bitchy, it AUTOMATICALLY means that she is on, or near her period, and thus there is no reason why she's bitchy. She's just bitchy. Oh no, it couldn't be that she's upset about something, or stressed. Oh hell no, couldn't be that at all! I hate it when men (women do it too, but I've found to a much lesser extent) dismiss a woman being angry/upset/short-fused because "Oh they're obviously on their period." How about you TALK to your girlfriend and say, "Hey, you seem kinda stressed, is everything okay?" Instead of the accusing and dismissive, "Are you on your period?" How would you feel if you were really stressed out and someone looks at you and instead of trying to find out why you are upset, and then offering to help, they just dismiss you entirely because of something you can't control (and it might not even be the reason why you are stressed)?

I admit I assumed that the girlfriend was upset (be it for something happening in her life or hormones from PMS) and that's why he asked when her period was showing up, because it just doesn't seem like a guy would randomly ask out of the blue in order to "be prepared". In any case, I still think it's a bit rude and insensitive to ask when your girlfriend's period is going to be coming around. It makes it sound like he wants to avoid her during that time (especially with how he worded the FML). I think he could've gone around it a better way, in a way that sounded like he wanted to be supportive of her during that time (to help ease the hell that PMS can be) and not like he wanted to have a bunker prepared for the vicious fallout.

Icejza_DaChilla 7

Are you on your period? Sorry, I couldn't help but ask.

Nope. My PMS symptoms (thanks to the wonders of birth control) are that I get very mellow and just want to eat fruit, play video games, and read manga. I also know when that is going to be coming around thanks to the pills allowing me to keep easy track. Prior to medication though, my cramps would be so blindingly painful that I would be legit crying out in pain, and bedridden until they were gone thanks to vertigo, nausea, and the aforementioned painful cramps. I've just grown up where every time a woman becomes upset, or angry, or disagrees with someone else, the immediate response is "Oh you're on your period aren't you?" and to be dismissed because of that assumption. It's just one of my biggest pet peeves.

Mearemoi 14

This x100 When I'm on my period I'm exactly the same - heck, I'm usually more stressed, or "bitchy" as most people call it, when I'm NOT on it. It's very insensitive to ask "Are you on your period?" to anyone. If they wanted you to know they would tell you, sheesh.