By homeless4Christmas - 24/12/2009 05:54 - New Zealand

Today, I flew my wife, myself and three kids to pay a surprise visit to my parents who were going to be alone for Christmas. When we arrived, we found out they decided to go on vacation. We have nowhere to go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 380
You deserved it 28 080

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ellowise_fml 0
Mutantking 0

Great job planning. Hotel Christmas!

Comments

girlygirl666 0

Maybe they left because they found out you were coming?

If you've got nowhere to go, how did you post this?

Ariel881 0

Maybe he used his phone to post it.

There are tons of ways to use the internet while not being in your own home.

That's one of the risks of making a surprise visit. Calling ahead to let the other person know you're coming usually much better. If you insist on keeping it a surprise, call your mother a few days in advance and try to ascertain her plans (just don't be too obvious about it).

Cheerbaby016 0

hahahahaha that suckss. It's called calling ahead just for that purpose.

Maybe next time call before and ask something like "what are you guys doing this year?" so that you know weither or not their going anywhere. Also it would of been just as big of a surprise if you told them your coming for Christmas

Did you ever think that the OP could have a pilot license and actually DID fly his family to visit his parents? No, you didn't, because you just wanted to criticize his grammar.

capthavoc123 0

You are a failure if you spent that much money on a surprise without at least knowing whether your parents were going to be home or not, especially in this economy. I seriously hope your family does not have any emergencies in the new year that the money you spent on the tickets could have been put towards. Of course, if something does happen, then I hope your wife has the good sense to leave you and take the kids for their own good, because you're clearly not intelligent enough to be a father.

ndiesal 0

Not a good idea to surprise someone that you have to fly to see. Surprises are nice, but it'd be better to surprise someone that lives like a short drive away...