By Jessika - 07/08/2009 09:18 - United Kingdom

Today, I finished a ballet class with a group of seven-and-unders. Afterwards, a new student's mother came up to me and thanked me, saying she was glad that her daughter had a "role model with a, ahem, fuller figure" and "not to worry about my weight." I have never thought I was fat before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 601
You deserved it 3 884

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You know, from a ballet standpoint, a lot of the woman are sticks. Maybe you just have a curvy figure, and she's happy her daughter can look up to someone with curvy hips instead of a coat hanger.

AnakinWanders 0

If you don't think you're fat then don't worry.

Comments

Hermyoni 0

In general ballet dancers don't look good with curves on them. But I am sure the mother was happy you looked healthy and wasn't calling you fat. So many times dancers will be rails and well under a healthy weight for there size and it's just unpleasant to look at. Dancers should be skinny there's no doubt about it (especially those doing ballet) but above all they should be taught to stay healthy and eat right while staying slim.

I also dance ballet and believe me, you may have curves but a ballerina, current or former, just isn't fat. With the workout it gives your body it's impossible.

She was probably some psycho-mom who thought all ballet dancers were sticks. Crazy people out there.

Ibeapirate 0

My doctor says I'm almost underweight, but by ballet's standards I'm too curvy to ever go professional. Maybe you just have boobs. Let's face it. Most professional ballerinas don't.

gee132g_fml 0

Haha yay sunderland, I just got back from studying abroad there at the uni :)

mrlucky4444 0

It's impossible to call someone 'large' without offending them

Fail_Pig 0
sunkissdluster 0

Yup, that's ballet for you. If you never thought you were big, you more than likely aren't. From the sounds of it you have a HEALTHY dancer's body. You go girl!

Night22_fml 4

Boohoo. Because of what one idiot said, your life is ******. Why can't you just think better of yourself and ignore the crazies, like the nasty troll infestation here?

anonymousblue 0

One of my best friends is a ballerina, and she's a size 3/4 with a larger chest. No one in the real world would consider her fat, but she says she's one of the biggest girls in her class. Good for you for being normal and healthy, and don't let crazy people get to you!