By Anonymous - 30/11/2016 10:48

Today, I finally went to the doctor for a condition I've had all my life. Turns out it was easily cured with a simple pill. I peed in my pants everyday for 27 years for nothing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 199
You deserved it 5 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm unsure why it took you 27 years to do this. I understand it can be embarrassing but in my mind it's even more embarrassing to have this happen to you during the day.

Why would you, or your parents not visit a doctor?

Comments

Ow man, that's brutal. should have gone sooner though if it was such a big problem. Have fun not peeing your pants!

I would be interested to hear the follow up on this. Had you been advised previously that it was a chronic condition?

If you don't mind me asking, why would you wait that long to finally see a doctor about this condition? And since you say you had it all your life, I can assume your parents were most likely aware of this, so why didn't they attempt to make an effort to take you to one?

I'm happy for you and all that you're not pissing yourself anymore, but, as others have asked, why the hell would you wait TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS??? You unneccesarily pissed yourself OVER NINE THOUSAND times for something cured WITH A PILL. YDI.

Since there isn't a location, maybe OP is from a place where healthcare is extremely difficult to get or borderline nonexistent and recently got somewhere that does have access to it. I don't know. Just healthcare isn't the same everywhere.

Well despite the 27 years of never handling the problem at least you have it being treated now. I mean imagine you at 80 with that prob. More mature folk already have an issue with that as years get up there.

Glad you got it taken care of, that it wasn't serious. People like to harp on from their high horses, but I can bet that if it were serious, not only would you have felt it/ realized it physically/ mentally, but you would have gotten it checked sooner. There's so many reasons that you might not have gone, from parents or family, to fighting your own mind or fear or crippling anxiety. Your normal average person may not be able to understand, sympathize, or empathize. I had a bad injury as a teen but my parents would not let me go get a head scan, and even threatened me. So I was too terrified to do anything, and that fear affected me after 18 for awhile. So I understand extenuating circumstances. Thought again, in your case having accidents daily was probably just an annoyance if anything. Worst thing is you have to wear pads daily or even diapers.

They threatened you? How ****** up is that?

I'm torn on which way to vote on this. 25 years, maybe 26 is a clear FYL. But 27, that's YDI all the way.

Why would you wait? It seems like you'd go as soon as you realized it was some sort of medical issue.