By Anonymous - 06/10/2015 03:46 - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, I finally got a job so I could stop missing out on going out with my friends every weekend. Turns out I work only Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and there's no way around it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 457
You deserved it 4 837

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hoosiergirl94 31

It wasn't in the description or discussed in the interview?

Comments

At least you won't be broke the other five days of the week!

True. I was thinking weekend as in Sat/Sun and forgot OP mentioned Friday as well. Mea culpa.

Silly thought but, maybe spend some of those weekdays off looking for a new job? You can make some money and probably learn some job skills while looking for a better job. If you already have a job it's actually easier to get a better job. After the third day at one of my jobs I went to temp agency told them I had a job but wanted a better one. Next day I was making $2 more an hour and two weeks later they bough out my temp contract and gave me another $2.50 an hour.

At least now you can say, "all yall partying while I'm out here getting this money". Seems to be the favorite line of people who work weekends

Why would you get a job to AVOID missing out on going out with friends. If this is what you meant then you deserve it.

Alcohol isn't free and not everyone gets free cash from their parents ;)

At least you got a job. This is only the beginning, the rest is up to you.

The way you've worded this makes it sound like you wouldn't have got a job unless missing out on weekend fun with your friends had motivated you. Lazy bum. Suck it up.

You're not lazy just because you don't have a job. You wouldn't call Michelle Obama lazy would you? I certainly wouldn't.

It's a paycheck why are you complaining. If they are your friends they will make time for you during your days off also.

There's more to life than paychecks. Like being happy.

The FML it about the job. So the paycheck is the FML in this situation. With out it assume he would have time to be with his friends. I also assume he's a college student. It better to bust you ass now then when your 50. A true friend would make time for him and respect his decision to work and due what he need to be successful But yes I agree he needs to be happy also.

In most restaurants they don't really need a lot of people, except for the weekends.

you can still hang out with them during the weekend before or after work. working never stopped me from doing what I wanted but then again doing what I wanted never stopped me from working