By Anonymous - 06/10/2015 03:46 - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, I finally got a job so I could stop missing out on going out with my friends every weekend. Turns out I work only Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and there's no way around it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 458
You deserved it 4 837

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hoosiergirl94 31

It wasn't in the description or discussed in the interview?

Comments

Surely you must have known what you signed up for, when you accepted that new job of yours, no?

You didn't have to take the job OP and you don't have to stick with it if being with your friends is that important. You have options.

Hey, at least you're making money! Some consolation there, right?

Lol waitresses don't get weekends off. Source: 13 years in the industry.

If you genuinely only need that money for going out on the weekend, then you don't have to take the job! Keep looking, and in the meantime try to convince your friends to spend a weekend in every weekend.

bad_boyfriend 10

So do what responsible people do and look for a new job while you work your current job. How do you apply to a job and not know what the work hours are?

Well if it's retail then there wouldn't be set hours, it changes. And it would be the hiring manager's responsibility to explain when you'd be expected to work. My first retail job had very flexible schedules where you told them when you were available and they would schedule you only on those days. There were no set days that you had to work. Then I applied for another retail job, and nobody said a word about required days or times that I would need to work, so I assumed it worked the same as the first job. I even mentioned my availability a few times and no one ever said it would be a problem. It was only after they had hired me that they finally said I would need to be able to work certain times and days, and if I couldn't do it I would have to quit or they would fire me. So maybe OP's job did something similar and only gave them the full details AFTER hiring them.

Hindsight is always 20/20 lesson learned op. Always set availability :/

TreyA 10

Yeah those things need to be talked about dude. Bad move on your part sorry but it's true

life sucks, didn't anyone ever tell you that?