This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 19/02/2017 08:00 - United States

Today, I filled my car up at a gas station that I go to often. I went to pay inside, and when I went back to my car, a woman approached me and told me she'd backed into my car. The only thing she said in her defense was : "I never was good at backing up." FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 981
You deserved it 387

Top comments

That'll probably hold up in court. I hope she doesn't sue you for parking behind her.

At least she was totally honest and didn't leave

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I agree, it just seems a little childish. I legit might stop using it because it bothers me that much. Also, you no longer give "*****", you give hugs, which adds to the childishness.

That'll probably hold up in court. I hope she doesn't sue you for parking behind her.

alternative-facts 6

Jcash sounds like an antisemitic misogynystic pig! I don't understand why his comment still shows up on my iphone app.

jcash52426 5

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I mean no disrespect but this is based on my experience dealing with traffic cops, ALL traffic cops are assholes and idiots. See how me saying no disrespect didn't make it less disrespectful??

jcash- You sound and probably are very angry, ignorant, and stupid. Take a nap.

At least she was totally honest and didn't leave

I just hope the gas station has cameras. It's unlikely, but if you have to go to court, it will save you a headache.

To be fair, I'm not sure what anyone can say in their defense in that situation. They did something stupid, you both know it, and they did the right thing and stuck around. Sure an apology would be nice, but no apology really would feel like enough in this situation anyway.

Deadpoolscomedywriter 6

was she talking the dirty way or

At least she told you and didn't just leave without saying anything

Where's the FML? They hit you, they stayed there and presumably gave you their insurance details. Hell, she even gave an honest explanation. Considering the context things turned out pretty well.

The FML is that now he has a banged up car that probably needs repairs, no matter that the lady's insurance will be paying for it, it's still a damn inconvenience.