By jake - 12/08/2014 10:21 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I dropped my kid into a crowded wishing fountain instead of a coin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 732
You deserved it 40 715

Same thing different taste

Comments

LocoMarshmallow 13

I guess it's just wishful thinking

Coin-kid, Coin-Kid. I'm trying to understand how you mistook your kid for a penny and tossed them in a fountain.

Maybe the kid had a beard, a top hat, and copper colored skin.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
sofitina 20

The weight difference is significant. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that she mistook her child for a coin despite the weight difference.

Queen Elizabeth....Australia....somehow that just doesn't seem to match

ruthi666 23

Yes it matches. Australia was previously under British control and Queen Elizabeth II has been featured on many different forms of their currency.

Most of the commonwealth nations have a picture of the sovereign on their coins. They no longer mint pennies, but all of Australian current coinage has Queen Elizabeth II on on side and an image native to the nation on the back side. Just like Canada.

I thought they still were under British control..?

Thinkitthrough 23

I believe that OP didn't really throw their kid into the fountain on purpose thinking they were a coin. Most likely they just wrote the FML that way to make it sound funnier. Unless OP is a very, very confused person I don't think they really ever thought the child in their hands was a coin. Most likely just an accident (at least I hope so because if not it's very hard to imagine). Hopefully everyone on here isn't just being sarcastic when asking how that happens.

octinate 17

Isn't it obvious? Op was holding kid so kid could drop coin in (kid was short) but op dropped kid instead.

andrealovvve 17

Reading the comments I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought this also. Highly doubt it was on purpose.

incoherentrmblr 21

Just remember the jingle Jake, even if it is 3 in the morning. Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there...

I bet her wish was to get swallowed up by the floor..

If so child protective services will take care of it.

Guess it's more efficient than putting them up for adoption

How many wishes do you get for that?

saIty 17

1) Rate the child's cuteness on a 1-10 scale 2) Add whatever grade the child is in with the cuteness level 3) Divide the final product by however old the child is

This needs a follow-up. And an explanation.

I don't think they meant to drop their kid into the fountain. I think that they accidentally did it and wrote on the fml that they dropped their kid instead of a coin.

Probably just lost their grip on the little one when they went to pitch the coin. YDI but it's not a huge deal, shit happens. If I saw that IRL I probably would have laughed (assuming child is OK, of course).

Hunthas 17

Kids cost a lot of money. That's a lot of coins to put into a fountain. Lot of wishes there

DontClickOnMe 28

At least it wasn't a wishing well. It would be a lot more work to get him/her out.

AnOriginalName 19

It's a very good thing for OP that it wasn't a wishing well. Had it been a well, the kid probably would've turned into Batman.

Well unless all Batmen's parents meet the same fate it's unfortunate that it wasn't a wishing well.

askullnamedbilly 33

Pretty sure a child sacrifice is bound to get you more than a measly coin, so I hope you wished for something big.

bennyboi7 5

Must have mistake it for the fountain of "youths" hehe :)