By Anonymous - 21/11/2014 00:43 - United States

Today, I dropped my trash into what I thought was a garbage can. My co-workers stared at me like I had just pissed myself. It was a toy collection box for children in foster care. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 923
You deserved it 10 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One man's trash is a little orphan kid's treasure.

hopefully it wasn't your lunch, or anything wet and icky.

Comments

One man's trash is a little orphan kid's treasure.

@19 - Your comment reminded me of the Malcolm in the Middle episode where the boys find out they actually have shittier stuff than people donate to charity. I wonder if there's a grain of truth to that episode, and in reality orphans actually get really nice "used" stuff.

I was going to post what you said #1 like word for word and then I clicked on comments and you had already thought of it.

Damn, tough luck #2. Same comment at the same time but #1 got all the glory.

ouch that's rough. honest mistake OP! FYL

#3 is right, honest mistake! If you want a good conscience maybe put some toys in tomorrow :)

CallMeWindSock 24

It's not that terrible if you can explain it was an accident

hopefully it wasn't your lunch, or anything wet and icky.

Murilirum 23

They can't justifiably give you a hard time if it was an honest mistake.

tony1891 22

you ain't cool unless you pee your pants.

Lizza330 28

This is why you pay attention. I'm sure there was at least one sign saying what it was. Hopefuly they understood that it was a mistake.

Maybe there was only a sign on the opposite side

Dreamsorrow93 24

Normally there is a sign posted "not trash" for that very reason.

Emphasis on "normally". In this case there may not have been. At my job there's donation boxes and no signs and people constantly mistake them for trash cans.

Dreamsorrow93 24

I've personally done it. It was a gum wrapper I then fetched out with a bright red face.