By Luke - 07/11/2011 14:53 - United States

Today, I discovered that if you are being mugged, never tell your mugger you are going to call the police because he will come back and steal your phone too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 377
You deserved it 36 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Imma call the cops !!! . . . when I get home . . ."

tylersign 11

Comments

Don't forget to tell him about that $50 in your back pocket.

jonan1212 5

You should give him your name & address so you can hang out later

LiyIa_fml 8

Yes, because telling the criminal that you're going to call the cops, always makes them run off.

29, and that is when the criminal takes your phone, asks you "with what?", and then runs off.

LiyIa_fml 8

Thank you 30, for re-telling the FML and for failing to see the sarcasm.

The_Troller 14

Well don't tell him about the emergency money in your shoe that you're going to use to call a cab.

Well if OP had an iPhone or a smartphone the pone cn be tracked via GPS. Just don't tell the mugger this too

How is he going to call a cab with no phone??

The_Troller 14

By waving it down. Most muggings take place in cities, so you wouldn't actually need to call with a phone.

rallets 22

i just imagined the mugger going thru his pockets and OP with his hands up saying "take what you want, im just gonna call the police anyways" i LOL'd

Carry a 6 inch knife and you'll be ready next time OP.

LiyIa_fml 8

96, you should have read previous comments. So I thank you for re telling 30's comment.

76- Hilarious.......and that, my friend, is sarcasm.

Louie2013 12

Or the $80 strapped to your thigh

The_Troller 14

At least he used the right form of your/you're. Pretty good... for a troll.

"Imma call the cops !!! . . . when I get home . . ."

tylersign 11

#3 ~ Lmfao! Nice one XD! I can already picture that... hahah ;p

Michael_Kelso 0

Shouldn't have said anything that wasn't with their fists.

tehrealone 6

Should've brought the mugger home so he could take you're computer saving us from hearing this.... Story

siickman 7

Just should have done what the girl did in skrillex's video.... It works for me all the time.

leadman1989 15

Yell somebody call 911? Or summon a deamon? Lol

Summon a demon of course telling someone to call 911 isn't going to do much

IndiRae 9

I only know about this cause Beavis and Butt-head. Hehe. Hehe.

Never should've sent that child to Hogwarts...

aurynforever 14
RedMegane 4

Aren't you clever, you might as well have told him where you hide your secret stash

Everyone knows it's under the mattress

I hope u don't find the money strapped on Herbert's thigh!

Blackmail111 9

Yelling out "I'm calling the cops" when being mugged is like dropping the soap in prison and yelling "I dropped the soap" as loud as you can...

Since it's always more effective to tell someone you're going to do something rather than just doing it, right?

LiyIa_fml 8

I agree 100% and besides, most the time when you tell the criminal(s) that you're going to call the cops. They usually reply with "Do it." or some dip shit comment, then run when the sirens come along.

well are they just gonna stand there waiting for the cops to arrest them? I think not.

Llama_Face89 33

That's a mugger with common sense...not necessarily brains...

Capt_Oblivious 10

If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have the "Track down that bitch mugger" app

This comment actually made me laugh. And I never laugh.

Did you laugh when you saw your profile picture?

My first reaction would be to call the cops immediately while they are still making their get away, not yell out after them "Wait. Mister, wait. I'm gonna call the cops. Don't go too far." Sorry to say, but YDI.

Don't forget to ask the mugger how tall he is so your description to the police can be complete.