By ruserious - 07/08/2015 11:24 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I discovered my new step-dad has a rule about the shower. After three minutes, he turns the water off at the source. I had to beg him to turn it back on whilst covered in shampoo suds, and the only way I could get him to give me another minute was to forfeit my phone for the week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 552
You deserved it 2 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JMichael 25

I think you should talk to your mom about this. Three minutes isn't enough to shower unless you're The Flash, that's ridiculous. I hope you sort things out with an adult, OP, that's unreasonable.

Comments

maggiefox 25

Then he'd hate me :) I take like hour long showers

He sounds like an extreme cheapskate..

maggiefox 25

If talking it out doesn't help, then shower when he's asleep.

You need to discuss this with your mother ASAP. This behavior is both physically and emotionally. It is a physically abusive be suit because the time limit he is giving you is not enough to properly was your hair -which can cause it to become matted with dead skin and bodily oils- nor to properly wash your body thoroughly, particularly in your genital region or other places where skin overlaps. The second one will make you highly prone to severe yeast infections in any location that is warm and even slightly moist, including places like your toes, and other such joints. Having soap dry to your skin would be just as bad as it would cause rashes, and severe drying out of your skin. She needs to set limits on him, or if she won't you need to tell a teacher or other official who has the ability to report to whatever the equivalent of child protective services is. You need to be ready to do the latter if your mother won't limit him or can't control his behavior towards you. If the person you tell after her won't report it, tell someone else, and keep doing it until someone listens, because if your mother refuses to step in his behavior will only escalate and become more abusive over time. If your mother fails to control him, it also makes her accessory to his behavior. I hope your mother listens, and actually does something. If she doesn't, report, report, report!

I would have gotten out and let water and soap drip all over the house.

That's so stupid. If you or any of your siblings have long hair like myself it takes at least three minutes alone to wash and condition it.

PANDORUM89 21

how exactly is a female supposed to shower in less than 3 minutes? even if I get in and immediately soap up my entire body and hair then barely condition my hair wash my face I'm still sitting at 7 minutes. longer if I shave. he is ridiculous and I'd tell him to go F himself.

tell your mom to get a divorce I went through the same thing my dad remarried an she took over everything .....telling him about it made it worse then three long agonizing years later he divorced her due to him catching her punishing me in very unpractical manner

zeffra13 31

Did you find out by him turning the water off? If he didn't tell you beforehand, he has no right to punish you. A decent father would at least give you warning before he turns it off, and an extra minute to rinse if you're still all soapy. You can't control how long it takes to rinse soap out, especially if your area is prone to hard water. I also agree with everyone else here: I can only "shower" in 3 minutes if all I'm doing is washing myself, no shampoo no shave. It takes 5 minutes just to wash my hair since it's down to my belt and I use separate shampoo/conditioner since the combined ones never rinse out well and then I have to wash it more frequently. That's not something I can do in the sink either. Maybe get your mom to help you explain that girls simply have more they have to do in the shower?