By ruserious - 07/08/2015 11:24 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I discovered my new step-dad has a rule about the shower. After three minutes, he turns the water off at the source. I had to beg him to turn it back on whilst covered in shampoo suds, and the only way I could get him to give me another minute was to forfeit my phone for the week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 553
You deserved it 2 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JMichael 25

I think you should talk to your mom about this. Three minutes isn't enough to shower unless you're The Flash, that's ridiculous. I hope you sort things out with an adult, OP, that's unreasonable.

Comments

Three minutes?!? The water will have just hit the shower tray by then!

If op was a guy i would understand the three minutes since we don't have a lot to shave and not as much hair to wash. I take 2 minute showers but i don't shave in the shower and i have short hair. Sorry op good luck finding a way to take shorter shower.

You should collect his water bills so he can't pay them, see how he likes his water shut off at the source.

flychicc 13

As a mother I find this absolutely ridiculous and if you were my child, he would be your ex-step dad. I have hair down to my waist and there is no freaking way 3 minutes is enough to even get it all the way wet.

Turn the water off after 1.5 minutes when he showers. Mutiny.

Denise1988 13

Plug the drain and take a bath!

Wait til he's doing something on the computer and unplug it/turn it off after 3 minutes.

What a dick. I agree with #202. Confront your mother or other dad about this.