This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By cuppincake - 19/10/2023 16:04 - Australia

Spicy
Today, I decided to tell my husband our marriage was over after I found out that he'd not only been stealing from me, but he'd also been downloading child porn. He then asked if we could break up but live in the same house so I could help pay his bills. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 344
You deserved it 3 507

Same thing different taste

Top comments

meirasanya 10

Report him to the police! Stealing from you is illegal enough, but downloading child **** as well! He won't need to worry about bills from jail. It's also safer for children if he's locked away.

Anonymously call the police and report him for downloading child pornography. If there's any evidence on his computer, that will probably be enough to prosecute.

Comments

clairdnj 0

Tell him where he's going, paying his bills will be the least of his worries. I hope he gets a nice long jail sentence with a nice big boyfriend. They don't take too kind to kiddie **** lovers in prison.

krissyxox 0

ok so who ever thinks its ok too watch kiddie **** as long as u dont make it is ****** in the head nd he should b in jail clearly he is sick

its too late to tell the cops as she has all ready told him. what that means is he has probably destroyed all "evidence" therefore the cops have no evidence against him. all it would do is waste the cops time and money on chasing "shadows" if the op was so offended, as she should have been, she shopuld have said nothing to him and told the cops first so they could pay a suprise visit and take the computers. And if you are still together at the time they take ALL computers so back up what you want to keep FIRST then tell the cops or take you computer away so they dont take yours. they will not arrest him on the spot as there is NO case untill the computer has been checked in the police lab. so he would be free to walk around for months if not a year till they have checked it all out... it does NOT happen over night :(

Eh, most people don't know how to REALLY destroy files on a computer. The delete button? Emptying the recycle bin? Pretty much useless. If his wife found it, it likely wasn't encrypted... and if he's not encrypting child **** he sounds like he's clueless at protecting it from being found, and therefore he probably doesn't know that "deleted" files are still recoverable. I'm making a fair amount of assumptions here, but they're not unreasonable.

you are right in what you say but there are other ways to get rid of files.. ie crushing the hard drive or dropping it in the crush pit at the local waste desposal place, it would never be found. either way as first offence he not going to jail anyway, mostly he would get 12months suspended sentance and put on the protection registry that the public cant, under law, see or get info from.

Good point. Leave it to a computer nerd like me to forget about physically destroying the drive, lol. But I don't know law - I know first offences are a little lenient, but would the sentence really be that light for child ****? I thought the courts were all crazy over it.

Local court max of 3 years District court max of 5 years reality, he will get a good behavior bond depending on what and how much there was IF they find anything at all cos the op has left it late. if they dont get him its HER fault.

child ****? sounds like he already has accodation ready for himself - jail.

this fml gets the pedobear stamp of approval...

is the guy actually retarded? or just ******* sick in the head?

Not only that he was looking a **** but, child **** that's just sick you should expose him to the world...

Say no but, point out that you can arrange it so that he can live for years in rent free accommodation provided by the department of justice.

as i said b4, depending on what it was and how much of it, he will be lucky t o even get one year free rent :|

Wow. What you're saying, is that this guy was driven to download images/videos of children being raped and abused because his woman didn't put out enough. You ******* shitforbrains! And **** yeah you have to report this shit to the police, what it comes down to is that children are being sexually abused because people like him want to watch. He's guilty as anyone. Any decent person would shoot themselves in the head before doing that.