By Anonymous - 23/10/2009 05:22 - United States

Today, I carved a pumpkin for Halloween. I thought it would be cool to carve my name, and have it shine through onto the wall behind it. I figured that if I carved my name backwards then it would show up correct on the wall. My name's Lana and now my wall says Anal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 490
You deserved it 49 704

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That doesn't make sense... it should be right if you did it backwards properly.

perdix 29

Why is this post by Anonymous when you say your name is Lana? Don't think of the pumpkin as a mistake, but as an epiphany. 1. Put it in your window. 2. See who shows up. 3. Learn to love it up the poop chute.

Comments

ellejae 0

I call bullshit. My name is Lana, and I try to avoid having attention drawn to what my name spells backwards. Even if you thought it would make it spell correctly on the wall (which is stupid enough), you still have a pumpkin that says ANAL and that's just asking for trouble. I'd say it's fake because I don't think anyone named Lana would do that.

Maddrus 4

Yes because everyone named Lana is EXACTLY THE SAME. Good job.

The pumpkin would say anal if you described it corretly, not the wall. Try again. LIAR!

This is stupid anyway. You'd have to have a ridiculously focused beam of light coming from within the pumpkin to have it show the words on the wall anyway. Otherwise it's just going to illuminate the wall all over. This is so fake.

Umm not true every yeah I do a back projection pumpkin like a graveyard on the front with ghosts on the wall in the back it works quite well as long as you have the pumpkin close enough to the wall

To project the name properly using a light source inside the pumpkin, the letters have to be carved out as "normal," not backwards or reversed (like in a mirror).

letitbe56 0

From the outside of the pumpkin it should look like what you'd see in a mirror. From the inside of the pumpkin (ie, when you're facing the wall you want to project it onto) it should look normal.

eekamouse4123 0

how about you now add an L at the beginning and make the l at the end into an exclamation point? ta-da.

Leeroyy 0

Jeeeeeez. Does anyone really care whether or not it really happened? And **** offfffff with all the "Mirror Properties" of pumpkins. Its funny. Accept it. :|

So I can believe her when she said it happened. I'm a college junior and I still have issues with writing stuff backwards and all that stuff. I've got good grades, but how many people on a daily basis have to write something backwards? I would just chill out and stop saying she's stupid or retarded because like I said, if you write backwards or what not daily, then it's easy. Otherwise, it's a challenge.

kissintherain44 0