How did you screw up so bad?

By Anonymous - 15/09/2023 04:00

Today, after I made a new Google/YouTube account a couple of weeks ago, I failed to realize that the name I made on YouTube also relates back to my Gmail. I've been sending professional, work-related emails under the name of "Poop McNugget." FML
I agree, your life sucks 153
You deserved it 924

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How out of the loop are you that you didn't know this happens?

Best case: you'll get fired. Worst case: someone will challenge you to prove that you live up to your name.

Comments

Best case: you'll get fired. Worst case: someone will challenge you to prove that you live up to your name.

BettyBoop 7

I love this so much. I usually have some form of “poop” or “butt” in my passwords, and one day I accidentally typed “Butt” into an e-mail when I had multiple windows open. Fortunately, the person who was sent “Butt, thank you…” had a good sense of humor and I wasn’t reported to HR.

HouseOfM 8

If you're working for corporate office maybe not having immature screen names would help or just be more careful.

tiptoppc 19

Could be worse. “Scrotie McBoogerballs” made people vomit.

How out of the loop are you that you didn't know this happens?

You should not use personal accounts for anything work related!! Don't you have a work email? If you are using a personal account, you damn well better make sure it doesn't tie back to something embarassing. Companies do check your online activity.