By Anonymous - 22/12/2009 10:08 - United States

Today, I came home from my two week trip to Florida. At the airport, the door said "Enter Only", while a sign above it said "Do not enter." Long story short, I got arrested for "disobeying signs." Nothing says "Welcome home" like being arrested. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 830
You deserved it 4 830

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Brooklynxman 0

You totally obeyed......one of the signs.

Comments

Hey #8, I agree with you on all of that. The way the US uses resources and has no regard for anyone else in an environmental aspect makes me sick. I have petitioned for the use of alternate fuel resources. Prositution is an entirely different issue. Most prositutes are kids who have run away from home and got themselves into drug situations (I had to write a 30-page paper on it last year for a class). Women's rights aren't the issue there; the issue is missing youth and the way prostitution is prosectued and very little help is presented to them. Women in the "ghettos" ARE guaranteed equal rights, and actually many women in the "ghetto" cannot just stay in their homes all day; they have to work to support them and their children because the men who got them pregnant largely refuse to help in any way. My sister worked at a Headstart and I think 3 of her kids there actually had fathers their mothers were in contact with. The problem there is an equality issue. Men should be made to own up to their mistakes instead of penalizing the women. And whether or not America is hated, it is where both I and the OP live and women have rights here. That's the bottom line.

Global warming is natural, gradual, and not manmade. If humans play any part in warming up the world, maybe we'll be nice and cozy during the next ice ages, seeing as for the last 4.6 billion years, the Earth's climate has changed on it's own, and if global warming does occur, I believe natural selection will allow people and the smart animals to adapt to the changes.

perdix 29

seanreddog, The burning of fossil fuels by humans contributes 4 ppm per year of CO2 to the atmosphere, and the CO2 levels in the atmosphere are rising by 2 ppm per year. We are clearly introducing ancient carbon that has been trapped underground for tens of millions of years rapidly into the carbon cycle and overwhelming nature's ability to keep it at livable levels by a factor of two. Sure, the CO2 level fluctuates naturally, but over the course of the past 700,000 years, it had fluctuated between levels that are far lower than we have today and we just keep making it worse. Anthropogenic climate change is real and we have to stop it. Denying it just means that you are willfully ignorant and will end up on the wrong side of history. See you in hell, Captain Ahab.

I'm defending women rights and stating my personal views. You are being a ****. I haven't said anything rude or out of line, so no, I will not "GTFO".

Plants consume CO2! I shall grow weed, lots and lots of weed, and I will be helping the environment! I did not say humans do not pollute the environment, just that it is not doing anything to affect my way of life and will likely take thousands of years to drasticly affect anything important, and by that time it will be cheaper and more convenient to use safer energy. I'm not saying that I would willingly pollute as much as I possibly could, just that I believe the environment does not need to be saved until we have cheap and easy ways to to so, which we will in the near future. I am sorry if I offended anyone. I think safe nuclear energy is the best option at this time. I would like to personally apologize to the polar bear population. Also, I'm 15, and haven't done a whole lot to affect pollution but I respect your beliefs, and that you took the time to support them with fact. Job well done. I'm sorry.

What I don't understand is how the Hell we got from the FML to an argument about sexism, politics, and the environment. They are barely related and I'm wondering if the "(woman)" besides the ops name was the only reason for this whole argument.

Ever heard of Climategate? 2% of the atmosphere is greenhouse gases. 3.62 percent of greenhouse gases are co2. 3.4 percent of co2 is caused by human activity. How the **** is that "a big role in the recent environmental degradation"?

Unregistered made a sexist comment... Then it went from there...

a1s 3

Actually, The biggest greenhouse gas (as influential as the rest of them combined) is gaseous H2O (err... it's "water" when liquid, "ice" when solid, and "vapor" when droplets of liquid in air, I'm not sure what the proper name for the gaseous form is, so "gaseous H2O"). perhaps 1% of it is produced through human activities. The rest in the top 5 are: (15% influence) carbon dioxide, which is about 30% man made. (3=/=30!) (5%)methane, which is 40% man made. (4%)ozone, which we actually combated 'till the late 60s, thanks Green Peace >:( and (over 2%) sulfur hexafluoride, which, let's be fair, is 95% our fault. In conclusion, global warming is gradual, immediately happening, largely man made, largely natural, good for your skin, bad for Africa, and it's a great topic to talk about while we all starve from over population.

Ninotori 0

One thing dude...CLIMATE GATE.

it takes 2 to make a baby. Yes, parents should always take care of their kids, but if he wanted rid of ot and she didn't then she should be prepared to raise it alone. after all, the argument for why it's up to women is because it's their bodies, but surely the same could be said about men - it's their life. yoy can't force fatherhood on them.

If the man didn't want a baby, then he shouldn't have screwed her. Condoms and pills frequently fail as birth control, so why risk that failure if you don't want one so much that you'd abandon them?

"Enter only" because those who are indeed allowed to go there can only go this way. It's not like it was written "ENTER HERE OR WE'LL SUE YOU". Use your brains OP, jeez.

CheshireHalli 19

I wasn't aware we had more than one brain... O.o (Sorry, couldn't resist)

OMG. That makes so much sense. I was trying to picture this whole situation in my head and I couldn't figure out what the conflicting signs meant (besides the obvious that only certain people could enter that area). I didn't put together the fact that the "enter only" simply meant it was not an exit. It would make a good blonde joke though....

http://www.ihatestacy.com/index.php?id=f40fbf1dbbdcd5e7c6c45118d5abe098

I hate douchers who hate other ppls countries. I thought we've evolved past that.

scrtNinja 0

i seriously don't understand why everything that people say has to do with a freakin womens right thing.. honestly. people on here need to learn to get over their sexist issues and quit being such assholes.

scrtNinja 0

as did i, but i guess people don't evolve at the same rate mentally so they have to prove their idiocy.

The way you said idiocy, does it apply to you too?

ahaha I had a similar thing happen. Customs agent pointed to a door and said to go out that way, she was wrong and we almost missed getting back on our bus. We had to go through the whole process again, she admitted she was wrong though.

hallietrue 0

Like you would really get arrested for something like that.

Obviously none of you have flown recently. I had a pair of paper designer scissors in my backpack from years ago andthey confiscated those. They only cut paper, nothing else. So yes in an AIRPORT you would get arrested for something like that. Y'all are tards. Real time.

boatkicker 4

They mailed them back to you though, right? Because they will do that if you ask them to.

capthavoc123 0

I don't see what's so confusing. The door is only used as an entrance, but it's not meant to be used except by authorized persons. If you couldn't figure that out, I'd say you deserved it.

That doesn't make sense. It would say "Do not enter, authorized personnel only." The other explanation makes more sense