By Anonymous - 29/12/2010 02:52 - United States

Today, I came home and was greeted by my dad telling me that he pawned my guitar for gas money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 756
You deserved it 2 605

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xMafia 0

Hey, don't worry. it's not like he pawned your guitar for gas money. Oh, wait...

Comments

music is my life. ive been playing since i was 6 so i can definately sympathize. id kill my parents if they sold any of my instruments without telling me.

Regardless of OP's family situation, he should have been asked first. And what about OP's dad? Wasn't there something of his own he could have pawned off?

In his defense, gas in California is really expensive. But still, FYL.

Folficci 3

It's okay, you probably sucked anyways.

Been there, OP. My parents sold my guitar and have pawned my violin at least three or four times. (They hadn't paid for either of those things.) Before I un-linked our checking accounts, they used to take money from mine without telling me. Sometimes they ask, but it really bothers me when they don't. I know they're doing their best and I'd give them pretty much anything they asked for, but it sucks not to get that courtesy -- not to mention having to worry about an overdraft on my checking account because I don't immediately know what they've taken. If you think you and your dad can talk to each other calmly and reasonably and with mutual respect, try to have a conversation where each of you sees the other's point of view. Either way, don't worry. You can get that guitar back, and one day you'll be on your own and won't have to deal with this stuff.

epicninja1994 0
yaknowiverse 0

my step dad did that once, but I got it back from some chubby kid who thought he knew how to play