By pittman137 - 30/07/2013 16:29 - United States - Nampa

Today, I called to confirm the appointment that I made over six months ago at the tattoo studio. Turns out my particular artist "doesn't work Tuesdays" and that they also miraculously have no record of my appointment, nor the cash deposit I had to put down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 772
You deserved it 7 965

pittman137 tells us more.

pittman137 5

OP here. Different username since I didn't have an account when I wrote this. Just thought I'd do a little follow up. As far as the no receipt thing, yea, I know, shame on me. I'm getting more work done on an existing tattoo and this is the place where I had started at, so I didn't think much of it. This particular shop is known for how great the artists there are, so it is worth the six month wait (to me at least). It ends up the guy I had made the appointment with had quit the shop and taken his appointment book with him, so they had to way to contact me about it and apparently he isn't as professional as I thought since he didn't contact me either to let me know he moved shops. The shop itself was able to move some things around and I'm still able to get my work done at my time, just with a new artist so everything has worked out. Thanks for all the comments!

Top comments

afallingstar 22

Wow. Put a cash deposit down and don't request a receipt? Kinda dumb OP and most legitimate places would offer one...

I know a lot of people who would. Tattoos can be extremely risky and expensive. I would wait 6 months for a reputable, safe artist than to get an immediate appointment with an unsafe artist with a bad reputation. The only mistake on ops part would be not keeping the deposit receipt.

Comments

This depends on if you have a record of the transaction. If so, fyl; if not, ydi.

I hope you have some kind of record of the transaction, OP, and can at least get your money back. If not, well, you know what to do for your next appointment. Good luck!

elizacandle 29

If you didn't make sure they gave you a receipt for the deposit and appointment YDI. If you have rhe receipt or some sort of proof you better fight your your money.

Who makes an appointment to get a tattoo 6+ months ahead of time?

To all the ink haters out there, GO EAT A BAG OF DICKS!! flag this down I do not care, I do not have tats but who am I to judge one person from another just cause they want or have tats.....whoopdy ******* do people THEY ARE TATS!!! Youll be fine go eat your tofu

Hey for the future most tattoo shops do not make a 6 month app. In advance. And two they have you pay before they put the ink on you like the day of. But find a good tattoo shop and tat up! Decorate the walls of your temple!

I am not at all suprised at the amount of assholes on here telling you what to do with your body. Mind ya business!

kcrussell 1

Which is when you magically pull out a receipt you were supposed to get upon payment.

Seeding the night at the inker's parlor Flesh permabrand, pricked for the dollar Her wrist, surreal, a heart and flying skull Lettered life and love pass swiftly