By pittman137 - 30/07/2013 16:29 - United States - Nampa

Today, I called to confirm the appointment that I made over six months ago at the tattoo studio. Turns out my particular artist "doesn't work Tuesdays" and that they also miraculously have no record of my appointment, nor the cash deposit I had to put down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 772
You deserved it 7 965

pittman137 tells us more.

pittman137 5

OP here. Different username since I didn't have an account when I wrote this. Just thought I'd do a little follow up. As far as the no receipt thing, yea, I know, shame on me. I'm getting more work done on an existing tattoo and this is the place where I had started at, so I didn't think much of it. This particular shop is known for how great the artists there are, so it is worth the six month wait (to me at least). It ends up the guy I had made the appointment with had quit the shop and taken his appointment book with him, so they had to way to contact me about it and apparently he isn't as professional as I thought since he didn't contact me either to let me know he moved shops. The shop itself was able to move some things around and I'm still able to get my work done at my time, just with a new artist so everything has worked out. Thanks for all the comments!

Top comments

afallingstar 22

Wow. Put a cash deposit down and don't request a receipt? Kinda dumb OP and most legitimate places would offer one...

I know a lot of people who would. Tattoos can be extremely risky and expensive. I would wait 6 months for a reputable, safe artist than to get an immediate appointment with an unsafe artist with a bad reputation. The only mistake on ops part would be not keeping the deposit receipt.

Comments

Tattoo, not offensive at all. However, some of the posters' grammar on this particular FML kinda makes my skin crawl!!!

dutch_girl13 20

Why would you want a tattoo anyway?

squideth 18

92, because (and I know this is hard to grasp) different people like different things! Holy shit, what a concept! And OP is an adult who can do whatever the hell they want with their own body. Get over it.

kikimonole 13

Why wouldn't he? I want one. It's a good way to express yourself. If you are inspired by something, why not put it on your body to show it off?

vde_fml 15

It's a sign, don't make a tatoo :_)

well better this than a messed up tattoo don't you think?

You did get a receipt for that cash deposit, right?

ttyler333 7

Shame about the money - assuming you lost the receipt - but consider it the universe telling you you were making a bad decision. You get a second chance to re-think it.

YDI for not getting some sort of receipt/appointment card when you did the deposit

All of these people commenting about "keeping your temple clean" need to grow up. I love my temple, hence why I decorate it. There are so many worse things someone can be doing to their body. We don't complain about your plain, undecorated skin, so why do people without tattoos find it necessary to comment on tattooed people? It's 2013 people, grow up and move on.

It sounds like you've dodged a bullet here - you're not gonna let people like this tattoo you now, are you? They'd probably give you crazy infections and do the design all wrong.