By Brady - 30/04/2013 16:00 - Spain - Madrid

Today, I called a taxi after a night of partying. When it arrived, I realised I had no cash, so I told the driver I'd quickly grab some from an ATM. He made me leave my phone with him as collateral in case I was pulling a prank. He drove off the moment I turned my back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 583
You deserved it 15 063

Same thing different taste

Top comments

NickaPLZ 26

Call his dispatch. Get that ass fired. And your phone back.

xXHollowIchigoXx 17

Why would you give him your phone? Why not just tell him to leave then call another one.

Comments

nnnope 26

to everyone telling OP to call the dispatch/company and report the driver: how is he going to do that with no phone

nnnope 26

well, I haven't seen a phone booth in a long time (though I understand that in some places they're still a thing) and I do understand that other people have phones, but OP called the taxi "after a night of partying" which sounds to me like it'd be really late at night...so finding someone else with a phone might not have been the easiest thing. I really just meant that it's doubtful he would've been able to call anybody right after it happened.

finch01 18

hopefuly u got the cab number...

perdix 29

#31, he certainly knows the cabbie's phone number!

CAJustise 9

Leave a drivers license with a cab driver, not something valuable that's easy to sell!!! Lesson learned I guess.

nnnope 26

because leaving your drivers license with a stranger so he/she can learn your full name & address and possibly [try to] steal your identity, sounds like a GREAT idea.

Do you mean when the cab arrived to pick you up, or when it arrived at your final destination? If it's the former, ydi because you don't need collateral when you haven't even left yet. If it's the latter, fyl.

I'm pretty sure he means when they pulled over to use the ATM.

I may have misread the FML. My bad. The only time I ever hit up an ATM while in a cab was halfway home so I could afford to pay the guy.

gators1995 30

This is why I don't take taxis at night...

I would've just called for another cab instead of giving him my phone:3

Why would you leave your phone? It's pretty standard to leave something like your ID/license when you leave something as collateral. I guess you were drunk, though...

Report his ass to the cops and his manager!

I bet he was a Chilean taxi driver, as he was miserable enough to get his hands dirty for a phone. These kinds of guys are giving my country a bad name in Europe since quite a while. Grrr...