By igiveup - 21/06/2012 18:19 - United States

Today, I brought my girlfriend home for dinner. The first words out of my dad's mouth were apparently, "Ah, you must be Dan's slam-piece." I was in the living room and didn't quite catch it all, but I said, "She certainly is!" Now I'm single, and all my friends think I'm a bastard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 803
You deserved it 11 575

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Should've asked him to repeat himself

tatsmcgrath 4

Why would your dad even say that? That makes things akward!

Comments

If only you could dump your Dad. :/

"Dad, I don't think things are working out.. Maybe we should see new people."

drumrgonewild 2

Slam piece?? O....k u dont hear that.... I wonder why.....

rems109 5

Explain the situation to her and maybe she'll understand. Also if she's already your girl, she should know that she's not just a hookup buddy.

CaramelMacchiato 13

You made some fair points, but then again, do you really think OP's girlfriend would believe him? I'd be pretty upset if my boyfriend referred to me as a piece of meat (without actually knowing the full story).

rems109 5

Well I'd be mad, but I'd give him a chance to explain it bc if she's already his gf, then obviously she's not just a **** buddy lol

2ndSucks 15

Never blindly agree with something your parents say. It just can't turn out well.

I don't think people would like to be referred to as a 'slam piece'. If you're calling someone that, then that kinda makes you look a bastard..

Damn Dan. I feel bad for you and your girl friend. Especially if your dad first says that when he meets your girlfriend. I hope he's not always like that.

solosohigh 15

unless you are usually just as disrespectful (accidental or not) I might say you deserve it. otherwise, it was clearly an honest mistake and she needs to lighten up a little!

onelove858 5

You should is said that it's your and your dads inside joke.

61, they spelled "should" right on both occasions.

79: "There, that make it a little better" is not correct. If you write "There, that should make it a little better" or "There, that makes it a little better" it makes more sense.

onelove858 5

Damn. No more speed typing for me.

Your a little slow to be in the fast lane, don't ya think? :)