By Anonymous - 25/06/2009 22:24 - United States

Today, I brought a friend who I have loved for years out to a nice restaurant for dinner. I ordered an expensive bottle of wine, and poured each of us a glass. As I was about to tell her I loved her, she raised her glass for a toast and said "A toast to friendship!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 806
You deserved it 7 823

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She probably knows you like her and doesn't like you back. So, instead of being a bitch and rejecting you, she kept you as a friend. It definitely could have been worse, buddy.

bexox 0

I love how every one bitches about rejection. What is someone supposed to do if they're not attracted to you? Say yes and pity date you? Get into a relationship so you dont get your feelings hurt and inevitably treat you like shit? Yeah it sucks, but I hate peoples' attitude about it.

Comments

Chaith 16

More like your life is SAVED. What the **** were thinking?

Sometimes friendship zones suck, other times its good. To be able to go to someone for advice on relationship problems and for someone to help you when your next girlfriend starts messing with ur head ur Best friend will allways be there to help you Like you said, she was the 1 who made the toast, not u so u no you mean more to more then most if not ever other guy.

ouch the friend zone... that sucks..fyl. did you try saying it afterwards?

yeah, she probably knows how you feel, but values your friendship enough to save you from a very awkward scene... talk about it in private if you still want to tell her.

Aww ; :/ That probably would put you in an awkward position if you were to tell your feelings.

Ha, I just saw this in moderation. =) I accepted it. FYL.

testing_fml 0

Why do people feel the need to post these stupid "I pulled this one out of moderation" comments?

She saw it coming and cut you off at the pass.

testing_fml 0

You've "loved" her for "years"? Grow up. You were never even together! You had a crush on her which you were (and continue to be) too cowardly to reveal, maybe. YDI.

WIDRR 0

Agreed, there are so many fmls where people say they "loved" blah blah blah yet they havn't ever been on a date with them/ met them 3 weeks ago. Its called a crush people.

She probably knew you were going to say that or atleast had the feeling and said that to you without "really rejecting you."