By amber - 13/03/2010 09:03 - United States

Today, I bitched out my boyfriend for logging into my facebook account and deleting EVERY male (even family) off my friends list. He accused me of wanting to cheat on him and has forced me to say "sorry." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 840
You deserved it 17 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jerseystreetking 0

he forced you to say sorry? do you have no free will or backbone? you deserve it. my ex did this to me and I dumped his ass right then. that's a bad sign and you should get out before anything else happens. controlling you is NOT healthy. wow

Comments

ur boyfriend is clearly a control freak. dump him and then add ur friends again

you deserve it for being with a controlling douche bag

themixedt4pe 0

OP, PLEASE break up with him while you still can. Not only does he not have the right to be on your Facebook in the first place, but cutting you off from friends/family is a BIG warning sign of future abuse. He obviously has trust issues, and they won't get any better. Trust me, you don't want to stay with this guy.

I agree with 24 dump his ass before u get r a p e d

I'm wondering about the accusation that you would cheat with any male you know, even family, does this mean he assumes your are an incestuous ****? And forcing you to apologize for confronting him about his behavior is also a major red flag. Leave him and learn some self defense.

RI REPRESENT. That scenario would never happen.

skybeau 0

Alright, to everyone saying "YDI for still being with him", or "YDI for saying sorry" obviously have no idea what abusive relationships are like. They rarely start out abusive; it generally starts out with small things that don't seem too threatening (e.g. being jealous/upset when you spend time with friends, or constantly needing to check up on you and where you are - both are things which can come off as kinda romantic early in a relationship but that can easily escalate into abusive behaviour). OP may have been with her boyfriend for a few years before this happened, in which case it's harder to break up with someone with whom you have invested so much time, effort, and it might not even be financially viable for the OP to leave him (another common abuser's trick is to make their partner financially dependent on them). Saying you're sorry...well, while it's true that he can't 'control' what you say, it's not exactly that hard to wear someone down, particularly when the abusive person is used to being in control of the situation and the abused is used to giving way to them (and to those that say she deserves it for giving way to him; I doubt you understand that dynamics of an abusive relationship - as I said above, it usually starts out with her giving him his way with small things (like spending less time with friends, or always letting him know where she is) that don't seem threatening which gradually escalate into more dangerous behaviours (him pruning her facebook friends into people that he wants her to be friends with). It's very hard to stand up to an emotionally abusive person, particularly when they are bigger and stronger than you (as is usually the case when the boyfriend is the abuser), and if they're used to controlling the relationship, then OP doesn't really stand a chance. That being said, OP still needs to find a way out of there quick-smart because he's not going to get any better; the longer you leave it, the more isolated you will be from EVERYONE in your life and the more dependent you will be on him. If you're not already living together, it won't be long before he suggests you move (across town/to another town/interstate) and you'll be more isolated than before.

Thanks for typing all that so that I don't have to