By Anonymous - 17/11/2010 01:34 - United States

Today, I began training my replacement at work. She's a senior citizen. She got excited when I taught her how to highlight text on the screen and double-click the mouse because she "never knew how to do those fancy tricks." The job is entirely computer-based. I have to train her for 6 weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 703
You deserved it 2 742

Same thing different taste

Top comments

UGHHHH who HIRED HER too much pain. then again your helping her get out of potential pension debt

JocelynKaulitz 28

haha at least you know fancy computer tricks (:

Comments

hairt 4

kill her and say she died of a heart attack. after that you are free

I do IT support for a University. You cannot believe the number of faculty members, who are making more money than I do, as well as teaching kids that don't know how to do these basic steps. Its not cool or okay when I'm having to fix a presentation that you are making for the VP of the University and they get all the credit. The same goes for students how do you not know how to use a computer at 18 years old??

Ahaha hey at least your job will be easy for 6 weeks.

MustangGirL 0

Holy crap. You can double click?

Think on the plus side...for 6 weeks, you get to be a genius.

So if this is computer-based and she didn't even know how to double-click and highlight text than why the **** did your manager hire her for the job? You need to tell your manager that she doesn't have the requirements for the job.

starberries 0

Seriously! Unemployment is almost 10% and they can't find someone competent?

Griggy 0

Yeah... You're gonna have to find a new replacement...

Hey come on seriously I think it's wrong to even consider this a FML like she's old she didnt grow up in a computer based society such as we do now this is just plain rude. You can't blame someone for what they don't know because they've never adapted you sound very incompetent and ignorant.

You can't blame someone for being ignorant about computers when applying for and getting a job that involves working at a computer? What kind of idiot/fraud applies to a job they are not competent to do?

how is it that she got the job In the first-place??? RECRUTIMENT FAIL!