By Anonymous - 17/11/2010 01:34 - United States

Today, I began training my replacement at work. She's a senior citizen. She got excited when I taught her how to highlight text on the screen and double-click the mouse because she "never knew how to do those fancy tricks." The job is entirely computer-based. I have to train her for 6 weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 703
You deserved it 2 742

Same thing different taste

Top comments

UGHHHH who HIRED HER too much pain. then again your helping her get out of potential pension debt

JocelynKaulitz 28

haha at least you know fancy computer tricks (:

Comments

buddha313 0

What is this "double-click" you speak of?!? And highlighting text?! ah, **** it, I guess we all can't be that tech savvy. Who needs computers anyways?

perdix 29

Teach her how to surf the web for kiddie ****, download viruses and hit Reply All with racist and sexist emails. That's the best revenge for having to bear the humiliation of training your replacement,

Oh, I feel your pain. I work at a university and help students who have difficulties enrolling during our main intake periods. Usually they are competent with computers but are having difficulties navigating the (admittedly somewhat confusing) enrolment website or there's an incorrect setting that needs to be changed. However once I had a woman come in who didn't even know how to use a mouse. She must have been about 40 and I'd be easily convinced if someone told me she'd never used a computer before in her life. It's frustrating trying to teach someone how to do Skill X on the computer assuming everyone has skills A, B, C and D but then having to go through and teach them skills A, B, C and D as well.

I'm going through a similar experience and it is frustrating. HR doesn't seem to realise that not all computer degrees are equal or relevant and they are certainly not indicative of any useful knowledge. Degree in database architrcture but can't figure out how to send an email to more than one person? Great. Sit in the corner while I get some work done. Maybe if you practice enough you'll get called up for active duty.

Sorry for being a spammer but Im hoping moderators see this since I cant contact someone directly. While there are reply OPTIONS on both mobile and classic version, some phones internet doesnt allow it anyway. I've been to both versions and all links to EVERYTHING tell me Malformed URL. Sorry but replying in the same thread is sometimes just not possible...

CoachLlama 5

Look on the bright side, they will miss you in about six weeks and one day.

xxxkittykatxxx 0

It doesn't mean she's not a quick learner :o) If she isn't... :(... If she is... :D

cairomike 0

seriously...that's nothing. You are probably making her family really happy by teaching her. props to you

KVKdragon 26

this lady reminds me of my mom. she has a windows 7 laptop but she has no idea how to use it. my sis and I have given up trying to teach her since she never cares to remember what we taught her.