By sothishappened - 20/05/2014 09:54 - United States - Joliet

Today, I baked a strawberry cake and I didn't have any fresh strawberries for garnish, so I used a can of strawberry pie filling. My neighbors said it looked like the cake was taken from the dumpster behind an abortion clinic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 768
You deserved it 8 793

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The real question is why your neighbors hang around dumpsters behind abortion clinics.

Comments

Your neighbors have a weird location to want to hang out.

Don't judge a book by it's cover! ...or a cake by it's garnish.....

"You will be baked, and then there will be cake." (I'm not even paraphrasing that much...)

Well that makes more delicious cake for you! Not so bad eh :)

kwojahn 3

I would have just left the filling off or dumped the filling into a strainer and run water over it till all that is left is the strawberries. I would then cut them as planned. For all of you that says that ad long it tastes good... That's not true, you eat with your eyes. if something looks bad you are 6 times less likely to even try it, let alone easy a serving. Being an Executive Chef I would know things like this.

You realise there are very different standards for professional and home baking, right?

Who cares what your neighbor says. Did you enjoy it? That's all that matters.

Yea she sounds like a bitch! I'm sure the pie was delicious

The real question is... Why the cluck would you make a strawberry cake if you didn't have any clucking strawberries?

the berries were for garnish, I used a lil strawberry powder in the box mix to kick up the flavor.

neonglostix 28

In my family we have a saying, "The worse it looks, the better it tastes." Your cake must have been delicious because placenta is the grossest looking thing I can think of!