By Anonymous - 15/12/2010 22:47 - United States

Today, I attended my son's Christmas concert. When I went to sit down in the last available seat, a woman said she was saving it for her husband. Having nowhere else to sit, I stood in the back, for an hour. The seat remained empty for the entire concert. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 677
You deserved it 4 140

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could have returned to the seat halfway through the concert.

"Today me and my husband were supposed to see our challenged son finally get the role he dreamed of in his school's Christmas Concert. I got there I was supposed to save a seat for my husband. A lady asked to sit near me and I told her it was taken. She went and lingered at the back watching me. My husband never showed up because he got in an accident and now the lady is scowling at me. Fml"

Comments

mschrisaya 4

This is sad:( Im glad u stayed my parents never went to anything of mine maybe her husband was a dead beat like my dad and she really hoped he would show up

looloothing 9

maybe it's an FML for her too. maybe it really was for her husband and he never showed.

while it sucks for you, maybe it sucks for her too. Maybe her husband was supposed to turn up but didn't. Her FML might be like "tonight at my daughter's concert, a nice gentleman asked if he could have the seat beside me. I had to say no because I was saving it for my husband. He never turned up. The gentleman who had to stand glared at me on the way out. FML."

your stupid for not going over there after like 20 minutes she can't reserve seats Dx

mintcar 9

It's not that bad? It raises a slight annoyance when I see people type out " should of. " There is no such thing. I'd rather correct them than not Maybe if they read the correction, next time they wont make the same mistake. Also, I'm no " grammar nazi." A Grammar Nazi would've fixed his whole sentence. Online short hand grammar doesn't bother me much.

shortystar_fml 0

tell her u will move when her husband gets there . in the mean time ur gonna watch the concert from her husbands chair

Daddymo 14

Being there for your son is much more important than sitting. Think of all the people in wheelchairs that don't get to stand.

WOW sucks to be your kid. You had to stand up for a whole ******* hour and then come here to whine about it when you could have just gone and sat your lazy ass down once it was clear that the woman's husband wasn't going to show. I've been to these things - there's always a row of parents lining the back wall once the seats run out. I bet none of them complained because they were too busy appreciating the work their kids did to put on a show for them.

TheCrazyCoach 0

maybe her husband was a solider and he was late or he got in an accident