By GLHan - 07/03/2014 22:31 - United States - Commack

Today, I asked my boss for a few days off next week, because my grandmother passed away yesterday and I'll need to travel to attend the funeral. His response: "She's dead, you're not. You want time off, then quit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 361
You deserved it 3 831

Same thing different taste

Top comments

inner_peace 19

Sorry for your loss, OP. And an insensitive boss like that is a horrible one. I wish you and your family the best.

Comments

jellenwood 35

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
inner_peace 19

What does karma have to do with this?

What makes you think OP did something bad?

I think she means because OP's boss was a douche something bad will happen to her boss.

I don't know why people dumped on you # 11. It's obvious you didn't mean the OP. I also believe in karma. I hope he pays dearly.

gauge_blackwood 6

Can I throat check your boss with a cactus?

Sorry to hear about your loss. The way I see it, you've got two major problems. After thr funeral, try to talk to your boss (may not be best idea, but try anyway).

Dswank620 18

Strange coincidence that I'm watching Horrible Bosses... but sorry for you loss op, and sorry that you have to put up with that asshole

I swear to god, people nowadays are so ******* rude and inconsiderate.Report that bitch ASAP. No one deserves to get so little respect from someone who thinks she's so above everyone else that she gets the ability to say that. People like her really piss me off!

I realized that after the time window for editing ended. My apologies. :(

I wanted to also note that you can be connected via Skype. I did this for my cousin at my grandfather's funeral and we all wound up discussing how he grew up in a time when cars were still relatively new and using a horse and buggy was the way to go; that is, however, without mentioning how my grandfather would have ever dreamed that this would be possible!

Not all places will do this when my aunt died we tried to do this for my grandmother as she can't travel but the church wouldn't allow it

I Facetimed a funeral last year. It was very sad. My friends husband died in a motorcycle accident and her mother was dying of cancer. Her father could not leave his wives bedside to attend the funeral to support his daughter, or say goodbye to his son-in-law he loved very much. Her mother died the next day. It was very sad. Only been married 2 years and they had a 9 month old boy. They are doing well now, but it was a terribly tragic time.

We did the same thing when my niece died. We face timed my sister into it because she was still in the ICU.

Is there no one you can go to that is higher in rank? Does your job have a union? Look at the company policy almost all large businesses have rules to protect their employees from this kind of abuse!

Sorry about your loss, what a heartless dick your boss is.

If you have a boss who is that inconsiderate, I recommend you DO quit.