By Anonymous - 23/04/2011 20:54 - United States

Today, I asked a coworker if she would cover for me on Easter because I want to spend it with my 3 year old daughter. She said no because she wants to spend Easter with her kids, too. She doesn't have kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 302
You deserved it 7 160

Same thing different taste

Comments

why not get the day off? forethought here would have worked nicely

psychwardnurse 0

some places it doesn't work that way. where I work I have to work every other weekend, mandatory, and if a holiday falls on a weekend we rotate... 1 on 1 off.. Easter isn't considered a holiday where I work tho...

not everyone knows this but Easter Sunday and Easter Monday aren't stat holidays. only good Friday is and even then a lot of places are still open

HarmonyChord 0

I can bet your 3 year old daughter would not want to spend her Easter with your co worker around anyway! just saying.

jennifer93 0

what are you talking about? the coworker wouldnt be hanging out with them..

As far as I'm concerned YDI because you probably could have found someone to cover for you had you not asked a day or so away from Easter. Not to mention simply because you THINK she doesn't have kids, doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't. I for one, keep my work & family separate.

Agreeed. :D I'm sorry though op, I know it must suck not to be with your kid on Easter D: Getter a fluffy bunny! :)

Exactly what I was thinking. Pretty sure the coworker knows better than OP whether or not she has children.

Match_87 0

Dont tell her that shes already made the easter baskets

well she clearly doesn't want to work or help you out. next time she asks you for a favour you can always say no

jadee000 0

Her "kids" could probably mean her neices and/or nephews or someones child that she is very close to

jadee000 0

Her "kids" could probably mean her neices and/or nephews or someones child that she is very close to

perdix 29

She probably means her ****. I've heard women call them "the girls" so, in reality, she has two daughters. She's gonna have a funner Easter than you, if she's got a nice rack.

NoWaitNotNow 0

Whoever had thumbed down perdix was an idiot. It's up to the sane people like us to save people like such from thumbed down comments.

well if this is the reason she doesn't want to help op out then that's reasonable

34 and 42 - You both got thumbed down. Who's going to save you?

Oh nooo!! It's the end if the world, I got thumb down!! No. I don't really care, as I am not legendary for my comments. :)

perdix 29

xXshadowrollerXx, Why, of course, it will be perdix with his Magical Thumb of Justice and Good Taste!

perdix your about me should pop up everytime a ******* opens the app or goes on the site. a nice way of saying stop raping the thumbs *******!!!

thebestof1984 0

Suck it op. I have a 4 year old and 6 year old and have to work every holiday from 4am-12:30. You just have to be creative in making your kid wait till you get home from work.

treesdevin 0

for reals ... my dad doesnt get off till 6 am during christmas & he juss sleeps till 8 cuz he has to go back to work at 9 ... & thanksgiving .... psh forget about it ...