By Anonymous - 04/02/2012 02:48 - United Kingdom

Today, I argued with my girlfriend over her constantly wasting our money on acupuncture. She said if I could prove it was baloney, she would stop. After I showed her copious amounts of scientific proof debunking it as pseudo-science, she told me we're "taking a break" from our relationship. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 725
You deserved it 11 884

Same thing different taste

Comments

First, acupuncture is a real therapy technique used to relax nerves and help in healing processes. Its been used in China for thousands of years. Second, if your fighting with her, then what do you expect? No shit, shes gonna break up with you...

Your breakup has nothing to do with acupuncture. It's because you're constantly wasting your money on flowers and gifts for a moron who doesn't give a ****.

Your real science was no match for her baloney!

GoW_Chick 14

*sings* He blinded her with science!

Dude. It really does work!! I didn't believe it would and my mom made me go. Turns out it really did. My mom had an autoimmune disease and after 2 years of acupuncture she is disease free. She didn't even take medicine for it. The doctors estimated that it would get so bad after a year that she wouldn't be able to work anymore. Your research is flawed.

I dunno how to tell you gently, but it's placebo. Sorry dude, you're just weak minded. :/

Yes, I'm quite certain that all of medical science with all their double-blinded randomised controlled trials are completely wrong, and your anecdotal case with an N of 1 is correct. How very foolish of those scientists to go through the trouble of publishing their data, when all they really had to do was come to you for the TRUTH!

My back has been repaired in 3 acupuncture treatments after my accident. Get real facts, and until then, YDI

Yeah, just you. Not everyone, so quit bitching about how "acupuncture works, durr hurr". Idiot...

If science could prove everything, divide by zero ;)

Wow, this is like on that FML about the haunted house. There's way too many people here who buy into whatever they hear on the TV. Guy above me: you're a dumbass.

Acupuncture has worked great for both my emotional problems and my uncle's joint problems. Just because something can't be explained by current science doesn't mean it's bunk. What do you think people used to breathe before oxygen was discovered?