By OverweightTeen - 14/01/2010 06:59 - Canada

Today, I added some of my own money to the tip jar in the Subway I work at to make myself look less pathetic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 976
You deserved it 24 917

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xshyguyx 0
epoh_fml 0

Your reasoning behind doing it is pretty sad. But putting a dollar or two in before you start your shift usually helps people tip a little bit more on a slow night (which is why I did it when working at certain establishments).

Comments

jts2 3

That's awfully nice of you, to tip some poor bastard working there-- Oh, wait. Sorryyyy..

that's sad... I tipped the guy at subway last night - odd coincidence.

I work at subway... I do that every day

greatnt249 0

What's even more pathetic is that you expect to be tipped for working at a fast-food chain; it's not like making sandwiches is that complex a thing to do.

I'm a server and its not the hardest thing either...

Why was this put on the frontpage, adding money to the tip jar is something everyone does.

That's not FML silly. It's a common tactic everywhere to encourage people to tip on the basis that someone else did it. Have you ever seen those dudes play guitar / bongos / whatever on the street? They put some money in the hat themselves for the exact same reason. So cheer up.

umm. you get paid hourly. you don't need a tip jar.

Yeah.. you work at Subway - don't expect tips. Servers and bartenders most places actually have a lower minimum wage than the standard, so they really need tips to make a living at all. You on the other hand work at Subway, so FYL unless you're in school.

empathy08 0

@ least u have a tip jar, the owner of our subway won't let us have one :(

I was just about to say something similar. My friends and I go to the Subway here a few times a month and I can't remember ever seeing a tip jar... not that I would tip, because I'm a poor student myself and I agree with #18 en #21.