By sara - 17/09/2009 21:17 - United States

Today, during gym class, my teacher insisted that everyone should relieve some stress by throwing a basketball at the wall. I wound up and hurled the thing at the wall, it bounced back and hit me in the stomach. I began to vomit uncontrollably. Even my teacher laughed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 253
You deserved it 10 455

Same thing different taste

Comments

Bob31_fml 4

i love that the teacher is encouraging stress relief through violence. Not through, say, a game of basketball, but by throwing the ball at the wall. Awesome. Public schools are really getting better and better.

triplethreat13 0

Actually, teachers are supposed to teach healthy ways of relieving stress. Throwing a basketball at a wall is a violent and aggressive (not to mention unhealthy) way to do it, and teachers can easily be fired for making students do that. Plus, if it came back and hit you, you were too close to the wall.

_jdreaming 0

gnr! Sorry to laugh but you got to admit that you would laugh too if it was someone else

lol, omg that is ****** up, the teachers idea, you doing it, you throwing up (wtf?) and them laughing at you (even worse)

If you rage throw it, it might be unhealthy, but calmly throwing ball with a wall is actually very stress relieving.

I hope it's okay that I got a half boner from this

Learn your history. i am not saying there is more than one species now, but there used to be several. look it up before you say stupid shit.

Why would people laugh at that? I never understood why people thought seeing someone get hurt was funny. And why are people defending gym teachers, they're on the bottom rung of educators, and seem to be only good at harassing students. When I was a junior in high school, a gym teacher forced a new student in another class, a painfully shy freshman girl, to participate in because he apparently thought her doctor's note was not serious enough, or did not apply to the baseball unit in class. He made her be catcher. The girl ended up getting pelted in the side of the face with the bat, and both the teacher and the students were too busy laughing their butts off to realize in time that the girl was now in the middle of a grand mal seizure. It turned out later than her doctor's note directed teachers to bar her from strenuous activity and bright or flashing lights because she had recently been diagnosed with epilepsy. Long story short, the teacher got fired, and sued by the parents. The girl was in a coma after the seizure for something like four days, and even after she recovered never came back to the school from the humiliation of it all. You'd say 'Why did the freshman participate in class if she knew she had epilepsy?'. Other students in the class all consistently told about how Coach had harassed the girl near to tears with threats of suspension, and bashed her condition and self confidence until he wore her down enough to agree to be catcher. And all these same students agreed that it was funny. Gym class needs to be reformatted to be less overbearing and violent. And someone getting physically hurt in class is NOT funny and the gym teacher, who is supposed to be professional, should be the last person in the class to laugh.