By jeed(1) - 25/08/2013 21:36 - France - Marseille

Today, at work, I stepped out for a few minutes to use the bathroom. Shortly after returning, I found out the hard way that one of my coworkers had used my computer to send a profanity-filled email to our boss, calling him an asshole and telling him to go fuck himself. I'm now jobless. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 646
You deserved it 5 288

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can actually prove that you did not send that if you can find yourself on a building camera away from the computer at the time

Comments

wingedangel123 8

What the hell does this guy have against you?

Well you totally deserve it for taking a break at work!!! How dare you! *sarcasm*

The majority here is a smart group. *sarcasm- isn't usually needed.

olpally 32

^^^ a lot of people are stupid on picking up on sarcasm though. Careful there. Haha.

Thank you for your input, but as many of these that I have read yes it was needed

perdix 29

You should explain to the boss that you didn't write the email because you were spanking the monkey in the men's room on company time. At least you'll be fired for the right reason.

untouchable763 10

Sometimes you try too hard. This is that sometime.

I'd rather someone try to hard compared to the "lol" "that sucks" comments. Personally.

#22 lol, tru dat. How about that comment?

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

shut up 17. perdix has more credibility than u.. besides he just makes jokes. its funny and lightens the mood of the fmls.

That is a much better reason to getting fired. Op you would think a simple explanation would be enough, perhaps starting with the truth. It's really not fair besides that it should be your co-worker getting fired not you, that's a bunch of b.s. Hopefully it works out if not you need to be the crap out the one who got you into this mess in the first place!

CTRL+ALT+DELETE before you leave your seat.

CharresBarkrey 15

Don't forget to push ENTER after, though, or it'll time out haha. I see people do this all the time at my work.

abbruzzi67 15

Man that sounds awful Maybe try getting some co-workers to verify that you didn't send that email. Try explaining to your boss, after he cools down, that it wasn't you. Or you could just kick the co-worker's ass

This is when passwords come in handy (stops all attempts at sabotage). At least they didn't e-mail him the links to what you were watching. ;)

Future reference, OP... if you're on a windows, windows button and L to lock your computer. As another person commented, it can definitely be proven that it wasn't you. Any cameras that might have seen you during that timeframe?

ManicGypsy 22

YDI for not locking your computer or at very least your email before leaving the computer. An unlocked computer begs for a troll to mess with it.

24 not sure if you are a troll of being sarcastic but if you're serious then you are complete idiot. OP didn't deserve this for thinking that his work computer would be safe.

So because OP's coworker is a cocksucking piece of shit that deserves to die a slow painful death, it's OP's fault? Right.

CharresBarkrey 15

And what if OP is a horrible person and terrible to work with? We only get one side of this, everyone seems to assume that there's no possible way OP did deserve it. I doubt their coworkers would do this completely unprovoked.

78 I'm not saying it isn't possible OP is a bad coworker. I was saying how 24's logic is flawed. And you'll be surprised how many coworkers would do something like this for no reason.

I agree. That is the first thing you learn in any new employee orientation. Always log off when you leave your desk and never share your password. A total YDI!

I can sort of see what you mean, but one would not expect immature troll hacking in the workplace where there should be adults with impulse control.