By poop - 18/05/2009 17:25 - United States

Today, at work, I decided to try and impress this girl walking behind me by holding the door open for her. As she was walking through, I inadvertently pulled the door too hard. It slammed against the wall and ricochet back, hitting her right in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 623
You deserved it 19 517

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unlucky91 0

Well, either thats the end of meeting her or maybe you'll have a story to tell your kids :] but yeah FBYL ( **** both your lives). i hope she doesn't get a bruise

Comments

lyndis_fml 0

Everyone complaining about #2, you're all dumbasses. 2 is saying EXACTLY THE SAME THING as you -- that holding the door open should be considered common courtesy. You're so intent on being offended you can't even read what 2 is really saying. OP's standard of courtesy is so low that holding a door open is above and beyond that standard, which is not good.

See #44. I always hold the door open for people. Since when did it become a trick to try getting into someone's pants? You people disgust me. Except #2, #6, and #44

Yes, as #2 said, holding a door open is not impressive. It's expected, common courtesy. I do it for everyone, and I would hope you do, too. If someone is impressed by someone else holding a door open, that person has low standards indeed. So, that wasn't going to make her look at you twice anyway. However, she's more likely to remember you now, and you have the opportunity to make it up to her.

sorry to be a nerd, but you used inadvertently wrong.

ekoorb97 0

basically any story that begins with "i tried to impress" 10/10 times is a total failure but at least you had great intentions(:

smiley_girl 0

if a guy DIDN"T hold open the door i'd be thinking "jerk", but i think that for anyone who lets a door fall in someones face. So, in other words I don't get this whole holding the door = being impressive thing, and 47 i'm gald I'm not the only one who noticed that!

This is why people should stop trying to impress people and just be themselves.

proud_liberal 0

Why are you holding the door for her? Is it because you don't view her as a HUMAN BEING? Women can hold doors and do anything a man can do. Also why are you calling her a girl? Is she 5? Say WOMAN. God sometimes I'm ashamed I'm a man.

Yeah, holding a door open is an incredibly dumb way of trying to impress someone, all you'll ever get is a "Thanks."